[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ im seriously thinking about buying a chromebook.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: acerchromebook14.jpg (353 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
acerchromebook14.jpg
353 KB, 1400x933
Hello /g/

im seriously thinking about buying a chromebook.

all i do is basically surf the web and watch videos/streams on my notebook.

is it any good?
>>
>>55059557
If that's all you wanna do, then they're pretty much perfect
I've got an Acer c720p and I'm pretty happy with it
>>
>>55059557
Why buy a low end laptop that can't do shit when you can buy a high end used laptop for the same price?
>>
>>55059691
im not looking for gaming performance anon

i just need a 14" notebook, preferably FHD to surf the web and watch vids/streams. Price and full aluminium body sounds attractive

im doing everything else on my desktop pc
>>
>>55059772
Who said anything about performance? I'm not talking about power, I'm talking about build quality.
>>
>>55059557
I owned a chromebook and then i bought an x220 with ips screen and yeah chromebooks suck compared to a used thinkpad.
>>
I know it's somewhat meme but I'm really happy with my recent purchase of X220 running Ubuntu. I guess battery life would be much better on an ARM Chromebook but the top tier keyboard and build quality are awesome.
>>
Whats a good 11" chromebook I can install linux on for watching videos and learning to program
>>
Chrooted mine (Debian Jessie) and now I can enjoy MC @30 fps minimum settings. :)
>>
with up to $400 always get thinkpads
pros:
better keyboards, faster, you can upgrade atleast 1 part
cons:
batteries are just ok
>>
>>55062619
i'd say up to $500. you could get an x240 or t440p and put a 1080p ips screen on it and a decent trackpad for about $450. my x240 still had a years warranty left on it
>>
Get x220 and install Chromium
>it's based on gentoo
>>
>>55059983

See if you can get an Acer c7 somewhere. I'm on one right now and have ElementaryOS running on it. It's been running great for nearly 4 years for me.
>>
Buy link related instead, trust me.

https://www.amazon.com/Hi8-Windows-Android-Tablet-Features/dp/B01AN6BBKI

Features an x86 processor and dual boot into desktop Windows OS and mobile Android OS. Also has a 1080p screen, none of that 768p gay shit. Finally has 4Ah battery so it has enough juice for about 8 hours of shitposting.
>>
>>55059852
"high end" is usually in reference to hardware specs, anon.
>>
>>55065314
Well that's not what I meant, anon.
>>
>>55059557

I'd honestly get a decent tablet, like the Shield K1 which is fantastic and very capable for a "portable."

Chromebooks are alright, but you're kind of pigeon-holding yourself into nothing but web browsing when you don't need to.
>>
>>55059691
Battery life will be dogshit on a used laptop and you'll have to clean cum crusted keyboard with a toothpick, alcohol, and a toothbrush.
>>
>>55066588
>Battery life will be dogshit on a used laptop
Not necessarily, I got a laptop that was four years old and it still got the advertised battery life. Besides, it's not like you can't swap the fucking battery for a new one
>you'll have to clean cum crusted keyboard with a toothpick, alcohol, and a toothbrush
epik meme. Mine was like taking it fresh out of the box.
>>
You will come to regret any money you spend on a laptop period. So yeah the Chromebook is a good bet since it's cheaper than most.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.