[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ know about Ransomware?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
What does /g/ know about Ransomware?
>>
you gotta be a pretty dingus kind of dingus to get it.
>>
If you get it you're fucked.

That's the long and short of it.
>>
More in terms of information about it, how it's pushed out, how it works etc. There's quite a large spread of it recently.
>>
Make sure you have offsite backups, some can even fuck up every PC on your local network.
>>
>>55055420

>"What does /g/ know about Ransomware?"

Evidently not a lot.
>>
>>55055450
/g/ can teach you nothing that you can't just read on wikipedia

Adblock will help you more than anti-virus software, and anti virus software will not stop a determined idiot from running trust_me_im_a_dolphin_linkin_park_free_xxx_britney_spears___.mp3.ogg.avi.exe
>>
>>55055871
There's also the pajeet 'This is microsoft support we've found a virus on your computer, install virus.exe to remove it'
>>
>>55055871
This makes me want to create an executable that actually contains linkin park, free xx, and britney spears.
>>
Can you obtain copies of the software for testing? I work for an IT company and our clients are being hit pretty hard by it (we support degenerates).
>>
What do you need to know about it? It can come through exploits or sent through as an email claiming to be a fine or a bill...
>>
>>55055420
My company got hit by a bout of Ransomware, the head of IT (all of IT) kept calling it Ransomeware and had no idea what to do, he had everyone disconnect the drives, then an hour later turn off their network, then an hour later turn off their laptops, bwahah

so anyway the entire project management drive got nuked and the last backup is about 2 years old and on a tape that no one can find.

still, not as bad as the stuff I worked on for the government. One of the databases was stored on paper, changes were entered in pen and then one guy would commit the changes at a defined date.
>>
>>55055907
Where can I send you the sample? The one I have was working as of last Wednesday
>>
>>55056021
Does your malware also zero out empty space?
>>
>>55056069
Nope
>>
>>55056021

[email protected]

Appreciated!
>>
>>55056141
Just sent you a mail
>>
>>55056413
i didn'nt get it.
>>
>>55056413

I received it, Bob.

Very interesting how it moves through the registry. Is this RSA-256?
>>
File: TERRYINTHEMATIX.png (4 MB, 2531x1965) Image search: [Google]
TERRYINTHEMATIX.png
4 MB, 2531x1965
had it once. laughed and reformatted.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.