[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why use gnome meme when unity gives you more vertical space and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: unityjustwerks.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
unityjustwerks.png
1 MB, 1600x900
why use gnome meme when unity gives you more vertical space and just werks /g/?
>>
It fucking steals my triple tap to middle click because of its ass-backwards gesture support that is not a feature at all. Dev even closed the bugreport as programs that disregard ubuntus shitty gesture system 'choose to provide a shitty experience' or something
>>
Honestly I use Unity on my desktop and MATE on my laptop.

I was under of MATE, but run it with Docky and an Arc theme and it actually looks pretty slick.

My only real gripe with Mate is it uses this stupid idiotic file manager called 'caja' instead of Nautilus, and replacing Caja with Nautilus makes the whole thing feel out of whack.

Caja doesn't theme nearly as well as Nautlius does.
>>
>>55051069
Same thing happens with nemo on gnome. The nemo themes are all screwy for me.
>>
>>55050879
Because unity is often shit when you install it on anything other than Ubuntu.
>>
what icon theme is that?
>>
>>55052578
darude sandstorm
>>
>>55052578
Looks like the Paper icon theme https://github.com/snwh/paper-icon-theme
>>
>>55051069
Had the same hesitation with caja but now I like it more than nautilus.

Been moving away from gnome since the distros I use are still not updating it, might come back soon.
>>
>>55050879
What is it with you arseholes? Everything you dont like now or disagree with is a 'meme'??

FFS, grow up.
>>
>>55050879
>implying unity gives you more vertical space
You can make GNOME look like Unity

I'm using my phone so I can't show it to you though
>>
why does ubuntu continually try to shill the Unity meme when everyone hates it and no other distro will touch it? why doesnt Shuttleworth just get out of Linux and and sell a proprietary OS if he wants so bad to shove a product down users throats?
>>
>>55054598
you can install unity on arch

checkmate
>>
Wallpaper?
>>
rip ubuntu. we barely knew you...
>>
>>55050879
because you can make gnome look like this
actually it is possible that you posted a gnome screenshot
>>
>>55054712
and it will be all fucked up
>>
File: 1461676554003.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461676554003.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
>>55056913
>>
>>55052992
>grow up
>4chan
>>
File: 1465785287811.jpg (58 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1465785287811.jpg
58 KB, 722x349
>>55059054
Yup. Tried it awhile ago and followed all the directions and it was severely fr*cked up.
>>
Unity froze on me every 15 minutes. It didn't just work at all. Switched to xfce desktop and it works really well. With numix and such, it looks good too.
>>
>>55051069
Nautilus is the worst file manager of the entire Linux world. It has less features than Notepad. Is designed for complete idiots who get confused by options. The only thing is it looks "pretty" under gnome, nothing more. Just compare it to dolphin or nemo and cry.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.