[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New with Ubuntu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Hey, newfag here with a question for you, I just got Ubuntu 16.04 and have it along with windows 8.1, now I'm trying to get Google Chrome but I just cant get anything on the Ubuntu Sotware, although before it didn't even showed the rectangles with dots, is that something normal, like it takes time to update or I'm just doing something stupid? Hope you can help a brother out
>>
Go to the chrome web page and download the .deb, double click and hit install.
>>
>>55049754
Tried that, not installing it, when hitting install nothing happens, tried commands but didn't work either
>>
It might be in one of the ubuntu repos not enabled by default. Try to enable those in your software system and update and try to install chromium like that. I believe it's under the name chromium instead of chrome.
>>
>>55048796

You need to connect to the internet for it to work.

Go get a cat-5 cable and connect to your router and install the wireless driver.

And stop hitting yourself in the face.
>>
>>55048796
>Google Chrome
A good place to start is always:
http://ubuntuforums.org/

>although before it didn't even showed the rectangles with dots
I have no idea what is going on there. I run a variant of Ubuntu. When I install software I either use Synaptic Package manager or I use the command line (apt-get install).

If no one here can help you then try the site I listed.

I don't know if Chrome is there by default. The FOSS (is it actually foss?) version of Chrome is Chromium. You might want to check that out before installing full blown Chrome.
>>
>>55049843
well now's a good time to learn the command line then

>download .deb file
>place on desktop (you can delete it after install)
>open terminal (ctrl+alt+t)
>type "cd Desktop" and hit enter (this will navigate you to the desktop)
>type "sudo dpkg -i google-chrome.deb" (this will use the debian package manager to install the deb file)

>or just "sudo apt install chromium-browser" and use chromium instead
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.