[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is C worth learning? Pic unrelated >inb4 >>>/dpt/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1465719707860.png (325 KB, 584x433) Image search: [Google]
1465719707860.png
325 KB, 584x433
Is C worth learning?
Pic unrelated
>inb4 >>>/dpt/
>>
>>55048188
Puto
>>
>>55048188
go back to turinga
>>
It's the only language worth learning.

C is pure.

Be sure not to learn any other languages after C or you'll ruin your purity.

Remember that everything that can be coded on a computer in any programming language can be done faster in C, and you'll learn how computers REALLY work.
>>
>>55048188
You clearly realize this should be in dpt as you say:
">inb4 >>>/dpt/"
So why didnt you post this in /dpt/?
Stupid cunt
>>
>>55048188
una vela putazo
>>
Learn C++ then C as C++ is something that is still being used today.
>>
>>55048188
it's worth if you wanna end up as a weebfagging and umemployed neckbeard.
Learn useful shit like Java, C#/.NET and Python.
>>
UNA
>>
C has unreadable function names. Why does everything have to be like that for C?
>>
>tfw learned C just so i can make my computer beep endlessly
>>
>>55048188
Learn php.
>>
>>55048188
Is that supposed to be a joint? Doesn't even look like one.
>>
>>55048555

It was made in the 1970s, when shorter function names were desirable. As time passed and the language grew, the need for short function names was diminished, but many systems were depending on legacy code.

That said, the names aren't that unreadable. Things like strlen should be simple (string length), as should printf (print formatted). Things like atoi are a little intuitive, (it converts a string to an integer, the a stands for "ASCII"), but the function signature should clue you in to its use.
>>
File: plot_3.png (2 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
plot_3.png
2 KB, 640x480
>tfw wrote my own plotting library
>tfw wrote everything down to individual RGBA pixel byte manipulation
>>
>>55048188
>Pic unrelated

oh? i think it is very related
>>
>>55048188
learn exclusively webdev stuff
>>
File: una vela.jpg (29 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
una vela.jpg
29 KB, 441x411
>>55049921
May I ask what country you're from?
>>
>>55048555
They're not unreadable. You just aren't good at reading them. printf obviously means print function, and getchar is obvious as well. You don't need 30 character long function names. People need to stop thinking programming is for anyone and everyone. If you can't understand it, programming isn't for you. The rest of us shouldn't have to suffer with dumbed down books so the normies can understand it so they can make "apps".
>>
>>55048188
if you are male yes. if you are a female just stick with html and css.
>>
>>55048555
it's made by the guys who have UNIX, so its designed similarly
>>
>>55048306
no you'll learn about stupid ways to work with strings and to use malloc because the language is too stupid to do it by itself
>>
>>55050740
daily reminder that C is supposed to be portable assembly
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.