[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SNOWDEN SECURITY ADVICE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: snowden.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snowden.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
He said you should remove the cameras and microphone from your phone and make calls using a plugin headphone mic combo
>>
>>55048033
Good idea. It may ruin your resale value, but I don't care about that personally.
>>
>>55048033
That applies if I don't live I burgerstan?
>>
>>55048863
Yes, even more so, since you're a foreigner the small protections that American citizens enjoy from their intelligence apparatus don't apply to you.
>>
File: IAO-logo.png (611 KB, 658x669) Image search: [Google]
IAO-logo.png
611 KB, 658x669
>>55048863
Yes, the burgers have global reach.
>>
>>55048033
Why doesn't the CIA kidnap Snowden and fly him to a black site or something? If he's just walking around in the open in Russia?
>>
Good luck identifying the arrays and removing them faggots.
Just gonna rekt your phone when you try to stop the NSA from recording on your device even though they're recording on the other person's device lmao.
>>
>>55049961
Because it would be an international incident and people would be up in arms about it. Not that it matters, it's not Snowden himself that is important, it's the information he revealed and the dialogue he forced Americans to make.
>>
File: 1372113588555.png (564 KB, 562x627) Image search: [Google]
1372113588555.png
564 KB, 562x627
>>55048033

He's becoming like an SJW. I think he's been hanging around that fag rapist appelbaum too long.
>>
>>55049961
Why would they do that? Americans literally will not give a shit unless their bread and circuses stop.
>>
>>55049961
Because he's held under 24/7 surveillance by Russia in an undisclosed site and simply deploying a team to go grab him would be grounds for war.

Also the US doesn't really give a shit about snowman anymore. He released the documents; he doesn't have anything else to offer really. If they can get him without making a powerful enemy then they will but otherwise they won't. His life is over as it is. Nigga can't go anywhere without KGB agents tailing him and shit.

His actual living conditions aren't so bad though because Russia wants to promote the image that they are welcoming to high profile American defectors.
>>
>>55049961
When you end up catching him, what do actually do with him ?

He already spilled the whole fucking thing anyway so there's nothing to silence
You just risk an international incident that is ground for war for a political prisoner that make you look like the new soviet union

Not a good trade
>>
>>55049986
>even though they're recording on the other person's device lmao
This. It's all getting caught in the middle, they don't give a fuck. If you're using a phone, they can listen, it's that simple.

Snowdens advice here would only prevent remote use of the mic and camera on the phone, it would still be a tracking device and all the calls made to it still logged and listened to

Also fuck that faggot
>>
>>55051278
yep
the reason it took us 10 years to get bin laden was because he didn't use the phone or internet for that entire time.

he was watching a lot of videos for entertainment.
on vhs.
>>
>>55048033
That's OK for HIM.
Bit of overkill for Joe Sixpack, don't you think?
>>
>implying the NSA needs to use your camera or mic to know what you are doing
;)
>>
>>55050426
snowden has secret info that will be released if he dies, so i bet thats why they dont go for him
>>
>>55048033
Also remove the display from the phone to be extra safe
>>
>>55048033
You could always just submit to the fact the government don't actually care what you're doing aslong as you're not brown.
Life's easier that way.
>>
>>55051340
Or maybe organizations are just people and not as competent as movies would have you believe. I mean the US military is the most formidable army ever yet seen and frequently makes egregious mistakes like bombing MSF hospitals. If they can't operate safely what hope does an outfit with a fraction of the funds have?
>>
>>55048033
snowden needs to stop acting like a fucking tech guru
>>
>>55053743

the small groups can't afford to fuck up as often, but bin laden was protected by the isi. cia/nsa are the same way; compartmentalized, but really well supported.

as for the us military, they screw up a lot and so far haven't won any of the wars they've started. who woulda thought?
>>
>>55052078
>snowden has secret info that will be released if he dies

He supposedly gave all the info away. And I doubt he has a dead man's switch.
>>
>>55049999
>dialogue he forced Americans to make
nice quads, but barely anyone actually cares
>>
>>55050260
this.

Also I think if he is lucky he will get russian citizenship in a few years making it official that he can work for them. I mean he still has skills even if his big shot already is over
>>
>>55049961
Snowden is a retard who doesn't realize that he is worth more to the US by staying in Russia than he ever would be being returned home. His presence in Russia helps the US narrative of Russia being dickheads and serves as an excuse for the US's military actions in eastern Europe and political gaming in Ukraine. Dumbfuck thinks he is some freedom fighter when he is actually doing the opposite.

>>55053743
>and frequently makes egregious mistakes like bombing MSF hospitals.

You honestly believe that was an accident? It's called wag the dog. Clinton didn't "accidentally" bomb an aspirin factory back in the 90s, he did it to distract people from monica lewinsky. A MSF hospital is a good target because ultimately no one gives a shit about Afghanis, and the name MSF is recognizable enough to get national coverage.
>>
>>55054024
>ignores War of 1812
>ignores Civil War
>ignores WWII
>>
>>55054633
But what have you done lately?
>>
>>55054232
>Clinton didn't "accidentally" bomb an aspirin factory back in the 90s
More like it was an accident and clinton jumped on the chance.
Never waste a good crisis, dude. The way politicians always take advantage of bad things that happen fuels conspiracytards to no end.
>>
>>55049961
Thank fuck you're not in charge
>>
>>55048863
>>55048923
Your country does it too. I don't even know what country that is but they do.
>>
>>55054024
Not all wars are started to be won.
>>
>>55054813
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States
>>
>>55048033
So basically get a tablet and remove the camera and make your calls from there?

Did he say whether using the native line is less secure than, say, using a wifi connection to make your calls from?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.