[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nVidia faggots are retards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: ss+(2016-06-12+at+05.19.54).jpg (151 KB, 1075x592) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-12+at+05.19.54).jpg
151 KB, 1075x592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcolCeWIcss

This is the worst kind of marketing I have ever seen in my life. In no way is this indicative of a what a GPU does or why they are useful. It's just robots shooting paintballs.

Should have had the big robot have 1000 guns and have it do what the first robot did if they wanted to actually demonstrate anything.

I prefer nVidia but jesus fuck this demonstration is a catastrophe.
>>
GPUs aren't used only for videogames, Nvidia specially has been focusin on servers and workstations since Fermi, all the Geforce cards used for video games are just the scraps that don't make the cut to be professional cards.
>>
>>55046789
>GPUs aren't used only for videogames
I know that. I'm saying this demonstration doesn't even need a GPU to function. A CPU could have just the fire instruction to the 1000 guns and it would have worked basically the same with a slightly (milliseconds) higher time.

This isn't a good example of parallel processing.
>>
>>55046818
You just don't understand.
>>
>>55046858
I don't understand what? That 1000 prepositioned barrels firing simultaneously is somehow a good indicator of what parallel processing is good for?
>>
>>55046754
That has absolutely nothing to do with GPUs, but the slow mo looks pretty cool, so whatever.
>>
File: 1465765578208-g.jpg (76 KB, 526x989) Image search: [Google]
1465765578208-g.jpg
76 KB, 526x989
>>55046754
NVIDIA IS ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!!!!!
>>
>expect something cool after all that buildup
>its some fucking pixel faced mona lisa

Thanks nvidia
>>
>>55046754
Wow

This is one of the worst presentations I've ever seen. Nvidia is really approaching Intel levels of jewry here. Like any day now they'll be past them.
>>
>>55046754
>meanwhile at Nvidia HQ
>"how can we pander even harder to these "tech review" press member man children? get their favorite science guys to do some shit? great! that's gold!
>>
way to be 8 years late to the party OP

honestly, it was just a goofy presentation done for the audience
>>
File: Raja-Koduri.jpg (111 KB, 1252x1002) Image search: [Google]
Raja-Koduri.jpg
111 KB, 1252x1002
>>55046912
I'm going to take a shit on..
>>
>video from 2012
>relevant
step it up master baiter.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.