[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any reason to avoid using glass screen protectors with abmn AMOLED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 225x224
Any reason to avoid using glass screen protectors with abmn AMOLED display? Considering one with new Nexus 6p
>>
Hey dog I heard you like glass so we put glass on top of yo glass so you can touch glass while yo glass touches glass.

But in all seriousness its a meme and you don't want a bunch of glue on your display.
>>
>>55046416
>tripfag spewing bullshit
>OP asking for help from /g/
I actually forgot where I was for a minute. Carry on.
>>
>>55046439
>>55046416
So the answer is no to glass screen protectors? I have a warranty, but I don't want my shit getting knicked up.
>>
>>55046488
Got a tempered glas from caseBase on my 6p. Feels great and is almost invisible Exceed for the edges, which are also neat to fiel because they are rounded and oliophob.
>>
>>55046488
>Thinking warranty covers accidental damage
As someone who works in a phone store I get bored of people like you saying you broke the phone screen but its within one year so we should replace it. Warranty is manufacturer's defects.
If you want protection, get a screen protector or get insurance.
If you don't care too much, don't spend your money on the above.
Simple
>>
>>55046619
Sounds like you have a shit warranty my friend. Water damage, cracking covered for me.
>>
>>55046634
Are you paying for the warranty? If so then that's insurance, same difference.
Warranty is generally used in reference to the period of time that the phone manufacturer or retailer guarantees it will work for.
>>
>>55046662

I suppose it's insurance then. Not quite sure, my sister hooked it up for me for free.
>>
Its gorilla glass you aren't going to scratch it up.

All it does is cloud the screen and make the phone thicker.
>>
>>55046959
he's obviously trolling don't listen to him

also, yes get a screen protector and a case you like

as someone who has destroyed more than a handful of phones I will never go without protection again (had insurance though, but it's a lot of hassle, and more money than using a case) you can buy tempered glass screens for a few dollars, and change them when you see a scratch or sth

also the resale value of your phone will be pretty high if you care about that
>>
>>55046959
Damn you're really doing your trip worthy. Fuckin idiot.
>>
File: I don't understand.jpg (247 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
I don't understand.jpg
247 KB, 500x658
>>55046336

I really don't get the obsession people have with cases and screen protectors when it comes to disposable technology. The case adds a ton of uncomfortable bulk and the screen protector will be obscuring the screen with easily acquired scratches on top of it's already blurring effect. Not to mention the fact that the glass on smartphones is so hard now that you're unlikely to pick up any visible scratches through general use.

You're gimping your experience to protect something that will be worthless in five years. It doesn't even have collector's value.

Why?
>>
>>55048161
The glass protects you from certain impacts. A shattered $10 protector is better than a $200 screen repair.
>>
>>55048231
How many screens are you actually broken in the past five years?
>>
>>55048273
Are you seriously arguing with someone that is genuinely helpful? I cracked every phone I had minus my current Flex 2. Because it is impossible to go a year or so without dropping your phone once.
>>
>>55048314

Fair enough, I've never actually broken a phone screen before.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.