[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SAP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: sap.jpg (49 KB, 745x285) Image search: [Google]
sap.jpg
49 KB, 745x285
Hello /b/!
My Dad has a small SAP consulting company, and i am interested in also getting into this. He wont take me for serious until i start by myself and he can see results.
How can i get started educating myself about SAP?
>>
It is /g/, sorry about that
>>
Your dad is literally worse than Hitler and you should try to get any other job than that shit.
>>
>>55045899
> SAP
> the company who made one decent ui
> trying to sell it to it's customers (fiori)
> being laughed at by everyone
> you want to work for those retards
are you fucking serious
>>
SAP is literally cancer, learn something good instead. Sorry.
>>
>>55045960
Dont worry, i dont want to work for them, i want to use their ui to make money myself
>>
>>55045978
Like what?
I mean i am not planning doing this for the rest of my life, still it is a good way too make money, esp if you have an easy way to find connections
>>
>>55046005
infosec or java monkeying if you are a retard and want an easy way to make money
>>
Fuck your dad and fuck you
>>
>>55045899
drink bleach and die
>>
File: greenshot_2010-01-22_14-10-481.png (18 KB, 672x386) Image search: [Google]
greenshot_2010-01-22_14-10-481.png
18 KB, 672x386
Who designed these GUI elements?
>>
The fuck is SAP even? I hear it all the time but no idea what it actually does. How does it help "manage business operations and customer relations".
>>
>>55046045
Basically a database program to manage your whole business
>>
>>55046045
It's a piece of shit software solution for companies that combines most tasks like checking the current stock of your products, writing up orders and billing them but it's retardedly made so nothing works like you want it to.

It's also insanely expensive and the customer service is abysmal so you have to learn everything by yourself.
>>
>>55046099
And i want to use my skills to make some money with it
>>
>>55046040
looks like some Java/Oracle tier shit
>>
>>55046099
It's huge though, HUGE. So many multinationals completely rely on SAP, it's insane.

The place I interned at, huge multinational hardware and software company uses it for absolutely /everything/

The interface is as non-functional and bureaucratic as it is hideous.

10/10 would recommend
>>
>>55046151
>HUGE
>multinational
This is why i its such a good way too make money with it
>>
>>55046251
oh yes absolutely
>>
>>55046040
Steve Jobs
>>
>>55046040
>everything is tiny
>invisible buttons everywhere and you have no idea how to use them
>only works properly in Internet Explorer
>weird and broken work flow

I only have to submit my work hours through SAP but I already hate it
>>
So would you say that sap is a scam?
>>
>>55046040
this is actually one of the better designed SAP gui's I've seen
>>
So after all these rants, does anyone have actual advice?
>>
>>55046338
do something else you nigger
>>
File: 1464744301463-g.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464744301463-g.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>55046327
>one of the better
>>
>>55046326
Definitely. There are much better and cheaper solutions out there but SAP usually buys the development studios and closes them before they get too big so you rarely hear about them.
>>
>>55046338
I have no idea how anyone can do self-learning on SAP, it's locked down and always kind of very specificly made for a company or use case.... I think without doing this in uni or at a (part time) job you won't get too far

But then again I might be wrong. Business computer sciency stuff isn't my thing
>>
>>55046365
He's not kidding.
The default SAP UI looks like some Windows 95 shit that makes no sense from a workflow perspective.
>>
>>55045899

ABAP is terribly ugly..

You might as well learn Cobol.
>>
File: sap_sbwp.png (45 KB, 1024x741) Image search: [Google]
sap_sbwp.png
45 KB, 1024x741
>>
>>55046338
The only thing I know about SAP that might help you in the slightest is that I've met someone who works at SAP at a meetup.com meetup.

Perhaps you can find people who work at SAP through similar methods as well, they might be able to help you out in different ways
>>
File: sap_gui_scripting_4.png (43 KB, 882x609) Image search: [Google]
sap_gui_scripting_4.png
43 KB, 882x609
>>
>>55045899
german here, we learn this shit because it is from germany
learned a little bit about SAP in a university course, used the project manager part to create a project and workers and to do some business things with it

learning it by yourself wil be hard, the only way is reading books and tutorials but for practice you will need the software and a server or database which wont be easy to get
we didnt even have an own server, had to borrow it from somewhere else
>>
>>55046419
Idk how they managed to fuck up the language so much, they even have a linguist hired.
>>
Don't listen to the retards itt.
SAP is huge and will stay huge for the next 10 years atleast. As others stated it is used in nearly every decent warehouse, sales and logistics company, try to tell these that there are better alternatives. Even if there are, none of them will change their software infrastructure, because "herp, I don't like the UI". If the software does, what it is supposed to do no one will change it. Changing it would mean lots of costs and unnecessary risks.

Anyways, since SAP is so huge there are a lot of trainings everywhere starting even at beginner levels. I suggest you to take some introductory course and then go ahead and learn ABAP.
Also trust me, SAP consultant is one of the best payed jobs, atleast in Germany.

If you show your dad some course you would like to take, I bet he'll support you. Just don't come up with "I want to learn SAP", show him that you have a plan in learning it. This seems why he didn't take you serious.
>>
>>55046655
good goy
>>
After 10 weeks of cutting over to SAP, I really fucking miss JDE, even our old ass version from 2002.

Every time I ask for simple shit, like a read-only account into the BI database so I can use tools I'm familiar with instead of their canned sterilzed bullshit, some Pajeet consultant shitbag gets to tell me no because "that's not how SAP does things." Oracle is Oracle, dickhead...now go poo in the loo.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.