[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What distro https://www.strawpoll.me/10458693
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: digital-ocean.jpg (101 KB, 1035x446) Image search: [Google]
digital-ocean.jpg
101 KB, 1035x446
What distro

https://www.strawpoll.me/10458693
>>
>>55045058
How about don't use Digital Ocean?

They shut down your VMs without checking if trolls file bogus DMCA requests against you.
>>
>>55045101
Not the OP, but do you have any alternatives that are just as good and cost the same or less?
>>
Why wouldn't you use Debian?
>>
>>55045058
Manjaro
>>
NixOS
http://blog.tinco.nl/2016/02/05/nixos-on-digital-ocean.html
>>
>>55045101
Seriously?

Do you mean they just shut down the VM as soon as the DMCA is processed or that they just most of the time side with the one who has done the request in order to not cause a headache on themselves.

Curious as I handle abuse reports at another web hosting company and my mindset is innocent until solid proof is given.
>>
>>55045398
Hi, what company do you work for?

I'm Chaim Kikeberg of Kikeberg and Cohen, and I am going to pay some Russian on Darknet to upload copyrighted materials of my client's on your server, just so that I can sue you for not removing the material quickly enough after I file DMCA.
>>
>>55045452
An email or two more asking for evidence regarding a vague DMCA request, isn't really grounds for suing someone anon.
>>
>>55045058
FreeBSD.
>>
>>55045398
>>Curious as I handle abuse reports at another web hosting company and my mindset is innocent until solid proof is given.
I have no idea how Digital Ocean does things, but it is true that a lot of companies just don't want the headache of fighting DMCA letters, even bogus ones, and will shut you down/cancel your account/etc upon receipt of one.

There might also be an element of knowing that if they advertise that they stand up to DMCAs they'll attract people running seedboxes and shit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.