[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Build a pc or get a custom built one ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Yoyo_Tech_PC_thumb336.jpg (9 KB, 336x189) Image search: [Google]
Yoyo_Tech_PC_thumb336.jpg
9 KB, 336x189
Build a pc or get a custom built one ?
>>
>>55044626
build it yourself
>>
>>55044626
Is your IQ above 60 and you have at least some hand eye coordination and no major physical disabilities?
>>
Yeah if you have me the parts I could easily put it together. But is it cheaper and easier ?
>>
If you have a job and have better shit to use your time for using a custom builder is fine. If you're a NEET, student, or similar. Just build it yourself and save the money, or get better parts with the money saved.

But again, custom builders are fine if you have a job and are willing to pay someone else to go through the building process for you. Just depends how much you value your time.
>>
>>55044778
>better shit to use your time for

Such as?

Inb4 hurrdurr making moar money
>>
Student yes
Neet yes
Lots of money no
Looks like I'm building my own !
Anyone got a guide anywhere ?
>>
>>55044826
If you have a family or other regular social responsibilities as well as a full time job youll quickly find too little time left to do much more besides eat and sleep.

Not everyone lives the same life you do.
>>
>>55044850

Youtube is a pretty good guide. You can find everything about assembling it there
>>
Hahahahahahaha social life XD ha

Thanks
How about getting up to date with latest hardware I'm finding that a bitch
>>
build one yourself, if you have issues, get help from someone

if you want one built with components you pick out, or buy yourself, but dont want to deal with assembling it (even though its not hard), hit up craigslist
there are shitloads of people who charge like 50-100$ to stick a computer together and get it set up with the OS, drivers, etc

ill be ridiculed for this, but i paid 45$ to have someone come to my house, look at my build, install windows 7 and make sure everything was set up properly with software and firmware and shit, and they de-bloated windows for me

worth it IMO, just to have someone who does that shit as a job make sure shits ok
>>
>>55045014

Just wait till the new release... perpetually.
>>
>>55045014
Anandtech and other tech sites are good places to stay up to date on modern hardware. If you have specific questions just ask here or the stupid questions general thread
>>
>>55044626
Unless you're mentally retarded or physically disabled, build it yourself.
>>
>>55044850
howtobasic on YouTube
>>
>>55044778
It doesn't take that long to assemble a computer, and you don't have to do it all at once. It's a fun thing to do.
>>
>>55044778
What if you're job is to assemble computers?
>>
>>55044937
>being this kuked by life
>still finds time to post on 4chins about how he has no time

Fascinating, tell me more.
>>
There is always time for 4chan !
I want to learn and know my computer too
>>
>>55044850
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+build+a+computer
>>
Yeah But those dumb ass websites don't te you everything and 4chan does so fuck google
>>
File: 1465763059541s.jpg (2 KB, 124x93) Image search: [Google]
1465763059541s.jpg
2 KB, 124x93
>>55044626
Build it yourself. Here's a case suggestion.
>>
>>55044626
>build own pc
>insatiable desire to constantly upgrade components

Why me
>>
What's that case called ?
>>
>>55046022
Disgusting case

>>55046042
H440
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1281
>>55044626
I have a case suggestion for you.
>>
>>55046063
What's that one called ?
>>
>>55046022
What's that one called ?
>>
Go to the /g/uts thread if you want to see a variety of cases on display
>>
>>55046109
Cooler master haf x Nvidia edition
>>
>>55046162
Any difference between the regular and the nvidia edition ?
>>
>>55044626
>Putting the case between the keyboard and monitor
It's like you don't want to be able to see your work at all!
>>
>>55046346
Only color I believe.
>>
>>55046362
Nah it's all about basking in the glory of your new pc
>>
>>55045155

Damage control: the post.
>>
>>55046346
The nvidia version is a bit faster and has better airflow
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.