[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>company takes years developing game >company releases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1465755266287-931584004.jpg (3 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
1465755266287-931584004.jpg
3 MB, 3920x2204
>company takes years developing game
>company releases game
>game-specific drivers are released

This is fucking cancer. How did they even develop the game properly without existing drivers? This just reeks of faggotry, niggerrigging and jews
>>
>>55044266
>video card can do many things
>company makes game
>game uses some of those things intensively and some not at all
>late in development they have a pretty good idea of which things go into which category
>video card company spends time optimizing drivers to be fast at things the game does a lot, leaves stuff the game does little of alone
>game and drivers get released
>>
>>55044328
are you actually retarded?
>late in development
you should die in a fire, and so should devs if they do this
anyway, i'm pretty sure it's a driver with special horseshit that just mutes or lowers game features so it won't run like shit
>>
File: rf 1330124293897.jpg (160 KB, 856x720) Image search: [Google]
rf 1330124293897.jpg
160 KB, 856x720
>>55044608
>"why do they do this shit?!"
>"this is why"
>"No! Fuck you! I wanna believe in my conspiracy theory!"
>>
>>55044328
so you mean the put a feature in the game that runs like shit, it ran like shit when they tested it, and just released the fucking game? is this what you're telling me? and they do this on purpose? i don't want fucking special drivers for horseshit AAA games
>>
>>55044640
>this is why
you didn't explain shit, you just spouted some vague nothing "things"
>>
File: 1462464962699.png (244 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1462464962699.png
244 KB, 540x540
>>55044266
>Company takes years developing game
>Company uses non-diverse hardware and work around with current drivers that work for their setups
>Development ends and the game starts going through testing
>More diverse use cases and machines, the developer works with the driver companies on adjustments
>This goes on as the game comes out too

Companies have deadlines and often make compromises to meet those deadlines.
>>
>>55044657
So go on guru3d or wherever where they do deep-dive benchmarking that measures how a game favors shader performance over memory bandwidth or whatever, if you want specifics. The point is that they optimize the driver for the tasks that the particular game leans on the most. A "game specific" driver lets them do that even if it'd hurt performance in some other game.

sorry you don't get to blame the jews like you wanted to.
>>
>>55044642
>i don't want fucking special drivers for horseshit AAA games
Then don't install them.
>>
>how a game favors shader performance over memory bandwidth
>in the end it's still a shitty AAA console port with shit graphics and retarded controls
ok
>>
Thankfully this is all fixed in DX12.
With the DX12 API, developers have full control of the hardware so it's up to them how they want to the game to utilize their drivers.
DX11 and under = hardware vendors have to work with software devs to maximize how their games run on the hardware
DX12 = software devs have to maximize how their software runs on the hardware because they have full control

So get Windows 10 and AMD bois. :^)
>>
>gaymen
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.