[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop accessories thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 81h0+ndWKwL._SY355_.jpg (29 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
81h0+ndWKwL._SY355_.jpg
29 KB, 355x355
I paid $20 for the Marvo FN-30 cooling pad. Do cooling pads work as good as the vacuum fans that attach to the vents?
>>
>Cooling pads

Granted mine isn't an informed judgment, as i've never used nor have i ever given much thought to the physics of its operation, but i always dismissed cooling pads as being nothing more than an easy money meme accessory sold to gullible customers. I have literally never had any issues with overheating laptops.
>>
>>55035818
I don't know what "vacuum fans that attach to the vents" are, but regarding cooling pads:

>It depends on the air intake design of your laptop (some laptops don't take air from the bottom)
>They can take down ~5°C from the maximum temperature
>Their main benefit is that they provide a steady flow of fresh air
If you place a laptop on a flat desk, the desk will heat up over time. Because the air intake is very close to the desk the air it takes is already heated up from the hot desk. This causes the internal temperatures to rise as well.
>Another benefit of a cooling pad is that it can also lower idle temperatures meaning the internal fan won't kick in as often possibly never on some laptops depending on their configuration.
>Last but not least a cooling pad provides an upgrade in ergonomics, raising the screen higher, closer to the eye level.
>>
>>55035818
>Cooling pad
As long as you laptop isn't an ancient dust relic or a gaymun laptop, you don't need one.
>>
>>55035818
I've never heard of a vacuum fan that attaches to laptop vents but everything I've heard about laptop cooling pads suggests that you just need to put air under your laptop so any stand that elevates it, with or without fans will do about the same. My experience has confirmed this. I have a laptop with air intake on the bottom, right where my cooling mat fans hit it and on or off it still makes no difference. Just that its there is the only thing influencing core temp.
>>
File: 81gNCWNohQL._SL1500_[1].jpg (142 KB, 1500x991) Image search: [Google]
81gNCWNohQL._SL1500_[1].jpg
142 KB, 1500x991
I don have a desk yet, so I'm getting one of these
>>
>>55036427
>As long as you laptop isn't an ancient dust relic or a gaymun laptop, you don't need one.
You just described 99% of /g/'s laptops.
>>
>>55036785
False, laptops really need circulation. Overheating wears parts down. I recently had a new motherboard installed that cost me $230. I have a toshiba satellite L655d
>>
>>55036895
>Toshiba
Found your problem.
>>
>>55036756
>Literally having 6 kg sitting on your lap for prolonged periods of time
>Enjoy your CPS
>Enjoy your fucked up spine
>Enjoy your fucked up quads and knees
>Enjoy your impotent overheated testicles
>I see you're already enjoying your belly fat

KYS
>>
>>55037086
none of that will happen or care about
>>
>>55037086
*meant CTS
>>
File: 1412100640334.png (162 KB, 780x720) Image search: [Google]
1412100640334.png
162 KB, 780x720
>>55037106
>lalalalala ur wrong im right lalalalala

Sure thing, kiddo.
>>
>>55037139
I literally do the same exact thing right now in the same exact position but that will give me more space for a mouse and what not and I do not have any of the problems you mentioned
>>
>>55036912
Tell me about it, one of the worse experiences I've had with laptops desu. the Acer Aspire it replaced was less of an issue then current Toshiba satellite
>>
>>55036756
Are you kidding? Find a fucking big plank of wood and make a desk, don't actually pay money for something like that. Hell go find a piece of wood for your lap, no need to pay for shipping and handling just to avoid splinters
>>
>>55036427
I bought one a few years back when I had an Hp that would over heat for reasons I never understood. Now I use it as a fan during summer by plugging it into a usb power jack.
>>
>>55037086
>>55037106
I used to use an old keyboard compartment out of my desk like the plank in that picture. I hate t o say it but he is right, my right knee took 4 months or so to recover and my quads hurt too. This will fuck up your knees homeboy, so just stick to a desk.
>>
>>55035818
What AMD card is this?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x365
>>55036427
>ancient dust relic
Kek my sides
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.