[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real GPU sales numbers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: nvidia_vs_radeon[1].jpg (67 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
nvidia_vs_radeon[1].jpg
67 KB, 600x375
Once again, I make this humble request.

Does anyone have any actual numbers for the GPU units sold by AMD and Nvidia?

How many GTX 970s were sold so far? How many 980s?

If you took all of the discrete GPUs priced over $100 sold in the last 3 years would it even total over 1 million units?
>>
One way to get a basic idea of the sales numbers is to look at sales of games.

Metal Gear Solid V on steam has about 917,251 owners. The Witcher III has about 1.3 million.

Anyone who owns these games probably owns a fairly decent discrete GPU. It might be possibly to play them on integrated graphics, but not very well.

http://steamspy.com/app/287700

But the owners of these games could have cards that go back more than three years. You could play Metal Gear Solid V on a GTX 460, and probably even older hardware.
>>
File: hard turd.jpg (1 MB, 2962x2962) Image search: [Google]
hard turd.jpg
1 MB, 2962x2962
>>55035540
>>55035603
Samefagging aside, this would be interesting to know
>>
>>55035540
go pay idc money for the numbers
>>
>>55035603
I never once took into consideration my gpu when buying a game. Only minimum spec. It never occured to me to reconsider purchasing a game just because of my 7970. I don't think this would be at all accurate. Those games had good sales never mind the bonus game deals for buying gpus.
>>
>>55037513
What I'm getting at is the idea that there is a maximum size of the install base for enthusiast PC gaming and it may be at most a couple of million users. There's going to be a lot of crossover between purchasers of games like Metal Gear and Witcher.
>>
They don't let these numbers out.
It would show how fast purchases have been declining recently.
PC gaming is dead.
>>
>>55037923
I don't think it's dead, but it is a fraction of the size of console gaming and I don't know PC Musterd Racers can handle that.
>>
>>55037930
DEAD.
FINISHED.
BANKRUPT.
>>
>>55037923
>PC gaming is dead
Dying since the 80s, still waiting for it to die out completely.
>Meanwhile consoles are basically PCs and use straight PC parts and standards now
Please stop with the memes
>>
>>55037936
PC gaming is so dead that Valve and Blizzard stopped making games to make 24/7 microtransaction slot machines.
>>
>>55037930
>tfw LoL and Dota alone made more money than PS4 and Xbone combined.
But PC gaming is dead guys trust me!
>>
>>55037930
They give away more prize money in Dota than all the consoles make combined.
>>
>>55037948
>>55037986
>Lumping Dota with LoL
League is THE PC game. Everyone can run it and it is filled with chinks and shitskns. If that's the community of PCmustard race then LOL.
>>
>>55035540
Steam hardware survey?
>>
>>55038006
>Implying dota has high requirements
lel intergrated graphics can run that shit at 60fps on high settings
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.