[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech retard with weak Googlefu, please help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1361444530324.jpg (125 KB, 593x321) Image search: [Google]
1361444530324.jpg
125 KB, 593x321
I need a USB drive and I'm no-spendable-income-that-isn't-already-toward-bills broke so going out and buying one isn't an option.

I found this USB in one of my drawers that isn't a normal blank one, it's one of these wireless internet kit things that will set up an older computer with wireless internet.

How can I format it to make it into a normal blank USB? It doesn't show as a drive when I plug it into my computer so the whole idea of just going to it and clicking Format is a no go.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>55034414
Format it with gparted
>>
>>55034414
You can't, just because it's plugged by USB and roughly the same size as an UDB drive doesn't mean it's one.
>>
File: 1378575880556.jpg (26 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1378575880556.jpg
26 KB, 218x265
>>55034414
>Tech retard with weak Googlefu

And how.
>>
>>55035262
Looks puzzling to a tard like me, but I'll tr--

>>55035561
Oh. Damn.

>>55035585
Yeah, all I kept getting was "Here's how to format a normal USB" which wasn't what I wanted.
>>
>>55034414
>it's one of these wireless internet kit things that will set up an older computer with wireless internet

It is a usb wifi adapter. Don't fuck it up. Suck a dick or two for some money to buy a cheap multipack at Walmart.
>>
>>55034414
>All USB connected devices are flash storage
Lad...
>>
>>55034414
>one of these wireless internet kit things that will set up an older computer with wireless internet.
That's not a storage device.

Anyway, flash drives aren't that expensive these days. A good one will cost you maybe $10 at walmart.
>>
File: rato.png (426 KB, 780x871) Image search: [Google]
rato.png
426 KB, 780x871
m8, you can get new flash drives from dx.com for 8gb @ 4 shrekels each, free shipping (may take a month). otherwise look for one locally. if u a real dick just go to the local library and ask to see the lost and found box then take one pretending it's yours.

as for ur modem kit it might be a drivers installer, please post a screenshot of the usb section of windows device manager or the output of 'lsusb' if ur on gnudeloonix.
>>
>>55041228

it this my post is spam so h e l l o r a t o
>>
People leave drives lying around everywhere. Just go to any open computer lab and you're bound to find one. Make sure to check if it is traceable, wouldn't want to be labeled a thief.
>>55041228
(Really? Spam?) he llo ra to
>>
>>55041312
>>55041348
huh is rato bad?
>>
>>55041228
h ello ra to
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.