[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people get so autistic about how people apply thermal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: like i give a.jpg (843 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
like i give a.jpg
843 KB, 2448x2448
Why do people get so autistic about how people apply thermal paste? People do lots of things wrong related to technology, but specifically the application of thermal paste makes everyone extra faggoty.
>>
>>55034039
People like to feel superior, and they make up reasons why the way THEY do things are BETTER, so that they can feel like they're above the rest of us plebs.
>>
>>55034039
How do you guyz manage to find relevant images like this?

Is there like a top secret meme database somewhere?
>>
>>55034039
No idea dude. Gonna do mine for the first time so I'm gonna research it then take an autistic amount of time to put it on.

I always think about the small things, molecules and shit... where do they all go
>>
>>55034121
Just put what you think is the right amount on, then remove the cooler and see how well you did.
If the paste isn't even near the heat spreader edges, use more.
If the CPU heat spreader is mostly covered, you're good.
If there's paste spilling over the edge of the spreader, it's probably too much.
>>
>>55034039
It's easy to be autistic about, and you make yourself look smarter than other people on the internet in front of other cool internet posters. Can't post on /g/ without that cool internet cred that comes from calling other proper stupid.
>>
>>55034185
That's that shit I don't like.
I'm bretty fucking new but I've been browsing tech sites for awhile checking our parts.
I laughed yesterday because someone had a dumb-ass ram question, but I hooked zim/zer up with some links and got a thank you. Felt good.

And I still don't know what kind of mobo is best for my build, obviously getting a Z170 though but other than that I couldn't tell one from the other.
>>
>>55034286
Literally pick one that has the features you want, and in a colour that you like.
>>
>>55034066
If you understand things so well you'd think you'd understand that the OP is asking specifically about TP, not why people do that stuff in general
>>
>>55034175
You can just wipe the excess off the sides though, no need to remove it if you see it coming out the sides
>>
>>55034039
Is that plastic or "cheese"?
>>
>>55034412
It's "processed cheese product" you unpatriotic swine

Now go bow down and ask Uncle Sam for repentance!
>>
>>55034286
mobo is mainly just about features. Unless you're gonna overclock.
Kinda like RAM is just about how many gigs you have for 95% of applications
>>
File: Same.png (534 KB, 684x430) Image search: [Google]
Same.png
534 KB, 684x430
>>55034121
put on an amount slightly bigger than the capacitor on your motherboard.
>>
>>55034498
oh by that I mean in surface area. High should be like a pea.
>>
>>55034412

it's delicious
>>
If you fuck up thermal paste application, your computer will run hotter. And some application methods are downright inefficient, convoluted and are just plain stupid.
>>
What I'll probably do is watch the videos and then put an average between the recommended and /v/ recommended amount on, spread it around a little bit myself in case I don't apply the HSF quite evenly, then cross my fingers and sip store-brand energy drinks.

Also, anybody know what the "burn-in" is and what its relation, if any, to OC'ing is?
>>
>>55034039
It's been a long time since I've had a good fish burger
>>
>>55034089
Seriously I have seen this picture before but this is a very good usage. It usually goes like this.
>gonna make a thread
>dont know what picture to use
>can download some picture from google or
>letme check my meme folder maybe i can find something remotely similar
>oh my this one is very relevant.
>>
>>55034554
>People do lots of things wrong related to technology, but specifically the application of thermal paste makes everyone extra faggoty.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.