[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wake me up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16
File: 1454960029137g.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1454960029137g.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
Does anyone here think modern day consumerist technology has ruined society? I think smart phones are the worst thing to happen in the past 100 years.
>>
>>55032816
What about WWII?
>>
File: 1374099193488.jpg (31 KB, 437x335) Image search: [Google]
1374099193488.jpg
31 KB, 437x335
>>55032816
I´m sitting at a table with my family.
Instead of interacting with them i´m replying to this thread with my smarthphone.
>>
>>55032903
Not that bad desu

>>55032924
How does it feel?
>>
No, humanity has ruined society like always. As long as humans are here "society" will always be shit. The only real solution is to replace humans with something else, most likely super AIs.
>>
There was opium and booze before.
A lot of things aren't a problem as long as they're ridiculed and constrained to the loser caste.

Also life was really goddamned shitty for most plebs everywhere all the time. Like, people living in squalor and crammed 20 to the tenement working 16hr days in factories for nickels.

Think about spending 16hr at a computer all day every day but it is a spinning wheel that can mangle your hand and provides no mental stimulation.

Like fuck, life is a fucking nightmare by default.
>>
>>55032924
damn smartphones, right?
>>
>>55032816
>I think smart phones are the worst thing to happen in the past 100 years.
generation Z everyone
>>
>>55033029
Smart phones are worse than 9/11 and that's a fact!
>>
DAE TECHNOLOGY, CHILDHOOD, ETC
>>
Life is literally better than it's been in decades, just that we're getting too MUCH good stuff and getting desensitized by rapidfire advertisements and online interaction
>>
File: 911tribute.jpg (39 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
911tribute.jpg
39 KB, 403x403
>>55032962
>over 80 million dead including those that died of famine and disease
>Germany goes bankrupt
>Not that bad
>>
>>55032903
At least the holocaust took some of the Jews
>>
>>55033064
Nah I know it's a meme but 90s-00s struck the good balance between technology and reality. Now we are becoming housebound blobs that don't have anywhere to go or anything to do that doesn't involve a screen.
>>
>>55033091
holowhat?
>>
>>55033101
>Now we are becoming housebound blobs that don't have anywhere to go or anything to do that doesn't involve a screen.
Correction: *you* are becoming
>>
>>55033117
It's not even bound to households. Go to any bar or club and 3/4 of the people are on their phones.
>>
>>55033117
It might blow your fucking mind, but before Netflix you actually had to leave your house to see or rent a movie, and you couldn't have anything 2-Day by Amazon. That eliminates 80% of activities.
>>
Thanks to cell phones and all the radio waves they emit, I have several brain tumors

Fuck cell phones
>>
>>55032980
>>55033000
This.

People thinking that "society is ruined" are the problem.

I resisted getting a smartphone for as long as possible, and even now I use it only for the occasional text or call. This works out with Project Fi's $20/month base charge. Since I never use data, it's only ever $20 plus taxes. Cheapest shit ever, and I can answer calls for job interviews!

The point is you have to use it wisely.

(But given the chance to go live before 1900, I would still go without hesitation.)
>>
>>55032816
define "ruined society"

>"m-m-my peers won't accept me for who I am!"
because you're a fucking autist, as this thread clearly demonstrates
>>
>>55033173
You have brain tumors because you love sticking things up your ass.
>>
>>55033229
Nah
>>
>>55032816
Nah, smartphones are great. But, as usual, humans like to form debilitating habits to certain things. Smartphones are just the current thing.
>>
>>55032816
>Does anyone here think modern day consumerist technology has ruined society?

I don't. Smartphones have given many, many more of us a voice online, which unfortunately has ruined *the internet* as it once was. It basically turned mainstream internet from a niche meeting place for a certain subset into something more like broadcast television. There's just a lot of trash to filter out now.

There's no question that mass access to the internet brought about the hurt feelings generation. This platform that was supposed to give more people a voice to reach the masses, a powerful new way to exercise free speech, is being used to stifle it.

But I think, I hope, that this is just choppy water we're riding through, and soon enough this bullshit will pass and we'll go back to calling each other niggers and faggots ironically or not without the whole world getting butthurt about it.

There are a lot of serious privacy concerns nowadays. So much of our data is collected and stored forever, perhaps to be used against us maliciously by unknown bogeymen at an unset point in the future.

Once the world understands the value of preserving personal privacy, everything will be fine, unless we completely paint ourselves into a corner before then.

Delete your facebook account, stop using your real name when signing up for new social media services, stop using Chrome, get behind a VPN, and ride it out.
>>
>>55032816

the actual bad things that have happened in the last 100 years are much worse than fucking phones, anon

so many wars/atrocities/massacres/genocides/etc, all way worse than the internet

unfortunately the internet is harnessed as a tool to manipulate public opinion/beliefs ABOUT those atrocities. I often wonder what the outcome of 9/11 would have been if it had happened in the 1970s
>>
>>55033372
tldr
>>
>>55032903
>the wrong side lost
>>
>>55032980

That would mean removing yourself also.
>>
>>55033000
>Like, people living in squalor and crammed 20 to the tenement working 16hr days in factories for nickels.

So basically the industrial revolution was the worst thing to happen in recent times.

>tfw could live peacefully in an idyllic countryside herding sheep
>instead have to slave the system that has an endless need for consumption
>youre nothing but another resource
>>
>>55033000
I learned about tenement living for factory workers in my European history class in college this past semester. It was sad how industrialization caused the wages of men to be lowered because factory workers preferred the nimble fingers of women and children.
>>
>>55032816
>? I think smart phones are the worst thing to happen in the past 100 years.
slow your roll there blunderbuddy
>>
File: Young_theodore_kaczynski.jpg (204 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
Young_theodore_kaczynski.jpg
204 KB, 640x453
Read this:
http://editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
https://archive.org/details/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto
>>
>>55033581
In my history class it was mentioned how even though living on a farm still wasn't easy, the farmers shad the advantage of being able to set their own hours and keep all the money from selling their goods (their crops). They also was able to own their own land instead of being cramped in a tiny shitty apartment with disease everywhere.
>>
>>55033526
Yup. It's the cold hard truth. Human beings suck and need to be replaced with something else. We live in an age where technology can solve most of our problems yet we still have starving people all over the world, 80% of humans live in poverty, and we still partake in wars over pieces of the ground.
>>
>>55033641
Wow holy shit
>>
>>55032816
i fucking love smartphones
I can stay away from a conversation whenever I like
I have pretty much an infinite source of information in my hands
I can learn stuff wherever I am , go on the internet
I can cure my adhd, because I am bored soooo fucking much on a daily basis, it's like I am physically feeling it, but now I can just look at my smartphone whenever there is a seconds delay in something

also reading the news and various articels or books on the go is so great
it also made getting a gf much much easier, because chatting is easy af
you can have lots of friends, without ever really interacting with them
you can alway at all times tell people what need, want them to do, discuss a tv show with a friend when you are bored af
you can tell people that you will be coming over

I mean all in all, I mostly use it to avoid social interaction, but it made the existing so much easier
>>
File: 1457630540585.jpg (40 KB, 460x613) Image search: [Google]
1457630540585.jpg
40 KB, 460x613
The internet was only the step towards humanity's evolution. We have nearly reached the point where every human on Earth can instantly communicate with each other regardless of location. Once VR, AR and a full scale drone infrastructure is in place, the ramifications of this will be very apparent.
>>
>>55033688
Why the need to replace?
>>
>>55033996
>but it made the existing so much easier
protip: you're not existing
>>
>>55033641

Teddy was right.

Another great man trying to escape modernity, only to be forcefully pulled back.
>"I suspect," he wrote, "more damage has been done to my sanity in jail, in months; than years, decades, in the woods."

http://www.gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit
>>
>>55034789
what happened to him? i remeber reading his story back when some journalist managed to talk with him in jail and then he got released.
>>
File: tmp_13090-worldpop358921123.png (171 KB, 976x751) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13090-worldpop358921123.png
171 KB, 976x751
>>55033688
>yet we still have starving people all over the world, 80% of humans live in poverty, and we still partake in wars over pieces of the ground.

Ever wondered why?
>>
>>55034921

He was thrown into a re-education camp, or whats commonly known as society and made to get a jerb last I heard.
>>
>>55032816
Not really just learn to manage your phone usage
>>
>>55034968
>implying

Technology evolved, we produce much more food now.
>>
>>55035070
>muh infinite growth

Land and resources are limited.

More isn’t better.
>>
>>55032816
Digital, second only to IBM in 1970- refused to produce personal machines for the consumer, claiming that they will never need that at home. They are no longer in business.
-Computer Networks, 4th ed., Andrew S. Tanebaum.

These devices make it easier to communicate and help bridge the closed thoughts of the mainstream to a pipeline database for collection. AKA if bob posts and looks up his shit we can collect the data and better understand the bobs of the world.

Im okay with this trade. I also don't like engaging people in public so why not just use my phone or a smart peripheral device like a watch to ignore awkward encounters?
>>
File: her-film-02[1].jpg (37 KB, 620x380) Image search: [Google]
her-film-02[1].jpg
37 KB, 620x380
Watch 'her' if you want to know what our society is becoming.
>>
File: global_food_production.png (43 KB, 566x426) Image search: [Google]
global_food_production.png
43 KB, 566x426
>>55035114
Doesn't change the fact we produce much more food than before and poverty is still a thing. Also, with today technology we need much less area than we needed to produce the same amount of food.
>>
>>55033512
europe as a whole lost
>>
>>55035294

huh? based on what? Unless a person can survive solely on about half a metric ton of cereal a year, that graph means jack shit.
>>
>>55033000
For less than $20 without a contract I can get 2gb data, unlimited texts, 500 minutes and free calls to others on the network.

It's also 3c-7c/minute to call my family across the globe.

What are you getting for $20/month?
>>
>>55035434
You are forgetting that this is just cereal production, we have other kind of food around that increased too.
>>
>>55035294
>heres you cardboard box and a yearly supply of cereal, commrade

T-thanks
>>
>>55035530
I know you guys are talking about super budget shit here but I'm paying $60 a month for unlimited everything with 175 gigs used last month. I canceled my home ISP. The shit blows my mind. Access to any movie, tv show, song, ever made ever with in a few minutes. Unlimited communication. The majority of our species' knowledge. For $60
>>
>>55035571

quality > quantity

Actual food > food-like products
>>
>ruined society

Not be a cynical-than-thou wretch, but what is it that was so good about society before that has now been ruined? Looking at history, you have no idea how glad i am to be young in 2016. Everything prior to this seems shitty (excepting a few things of course)
>>
>>55035636
ok
>>
>>55035648
This. I'm not sure what idyllic paradise it is which existed before that people like OP fantasize about.
>>
>>55035574
kek

>>55035636
this

We could make all of humanity survive on cereal and milk, doesn't mean we should do that.

The world poverty made me realize something: we really are overpopulated and don't have enough resources to go around, it's not just a money thing. We legitimately can't feed ourselves despite all the technological advances and yet we keep breeding like rabbits. Fuck that's sad.
>>
>>55035705
>"We" legitimately can't feed ourselves despite all the technological advances and yet "we" keep breeding like rabbits.

I have to correct you, the "we" part is the part of we thats sustained mainly by international aid. Take that away and chaos ensues.
>>
>>55033406
True, but couldn't it be said that the Internet has effectively destroyed the way we think and our ability to resist? Populations can bounce back, partisans can resist foreign threats, and revolution can overthrow dictators with funny hats.

However, if a population becomes so sensitive and media-centric that it loses its ability to think critically, then there is no escape. (think Brave New World)
>>
>>55033996
And this is exactly what the OP meant
>>
>>55035648
Then again, there is a very good reason why old men (and people who act like them) pine for the good old days: they are what you familiar with and each has there ups and downs.

Thirty to forty years later, kids will be posting on whatever they use by that time, and wondering how we lived without AI spoiling us. By then /we/ will be the grumpy old people complaining about "kids these days"
>>
>>55035530
Twenty more dollars in my bank account that I can save up to use on something more productive.
>>
>>55033372
Sturgeon's law, can't be helped
>>
>>55035921
blah blah blah Grass is always greener blah blah blah rosy eyed nostalgia and selective memories blah blah.... I could go on.
>>
How do the privacy-oriented use phones?
Other than
>they don't
>>
>>55035885
that's an interesting thought, anon. but us having this conversation, isn't that case in point of at least some of us not being completely brainwashed into becoming oversensitive triggered babies?

I want to believe that the majority of people still don't *really* care if you use "faggot" as an insult or call a trans person a "tranny". I want to believe that we're just dealing with an exceptionally vocal minority, and eventually the media will realize that exploiting the antics of these pussies isn't in the best interest of their company because it doesn't represent the common man

We need better polling. If an actual majority of a given population could weigh in on what they think about something, instead of just extrapolating data like we do now, it'd change everything. I think.
>>
>>55036090
https://www.4chan.org/rules#global2
>>
>>55032816
Social media is the scourge of this era..before that it was reality tv...before that it was mtv..

The delivery mechanism isn't the issue. It is the use and content for use that is the problem.

Every faggot nowadays thinks they are important enough to have followers, to have a youtube or twitch or stream shit channel. Social media is the current destroyer of civilization..
>>
>>55034995
Injustice, you don't even have the freedom to opt out of the bullshit system.
>>
>>55035679
for one thing, there weren't as many crybabies who can't stand criticism, and people still knew about a certain something called respect. For one thing, we used to get into fights, set off fireworks, and the like. How many of the above can you do now?
>>
>>55035946
However, it is also worth noting that the inverse is also true for most people: because we haven't experienced it, we automatically feel that it is inferior to the present.
>>
>>55036432
>for one thing, there weren't as many crybabies who can't stand criticism

Yeah, there were. Political correctness & bigotry are in no away recent developments. Technology has simply exposed it much more than ever before.

>and people still knew about a certain something called respect. For one thing, we used to get into fights, set off fireworks, and the like. How many of the above can you do now?

Now you just sound like a sniveling "back in my day" senior. Courtesy is still a thing, fights happen everyday, and fireworks haven't been banned everywhere.
>>
>>55036510
Fair enough, although it /is/ true that we've become a lot more sue-happy and litigious than we used to be? A lot of fun things we used to be able to do are now lawsuit material, although I'm sure we had our share of berzerk buttons at the time.

Now that you mention it, I do have a tendency to sound like that.
>>
>>55033116
[Microsoft's bigger version of Google glass.]
>>
>>55033641
fuck off theodore.

you unhinged envious psycho.
>>
>>55036136
This desu senpai desusKekPaiOriginalComment
>>
>>55033155
So what? You want to go to a movie theater for your movie, then go right ahead. Also, there are plenty of hobbies you can do that are pretty involved, stop being so irritated just cause people would rather spend their idle time doing something interesting on their phone.
>>
>>55035609
That's bretty good if you have a reliable connection and reasonable ping.
>>55035930
>more productive
Why so smug?
The sole reason I even pay for this is to stay in touch with my family and have a little more data than necessary when visiting them or commuting/shopping.
>>
>>55034968
Well yeah population overgrowth will happen but right now there is enough food for everyone. Distribution is fucked.
Later yes, we will have problems if we will still reproduce and still live on this rock.
>>
>>55036136
It's not really a new concept

Just some people realised they could make money of the general population's narcissism rather than just rich people.

Your comment on how we had MTV, then reality TV, then this illustrates the process.

I find it amusing how they will actually pay people to run their social media unless they have a meltdown.

>>55036119
Posting a link without comment/context should probably not be allowed either anon
>>
I'm not the biggest normie on this board, but I just can't complain about smartphones and social media. Even though I just recently made Instagram and Tinder profiles, I deeply appreciate the convenience these services provide. A smartphone overall is your universal communication device, I can't imagine my life without it. From family and closest friends to colleagues, new acquaintances, qt grills, and skype pals from Australia, everyone is easily reachable.

Btw you're not forced to use all the botnets at once if you don't want to. Just get yourself an outlook/gmail account for job applications, and use chromium with no cookies.
>>
>mfw love technology
>hate consumerist garbage
>people laugh at me for not having smartphone or facebook

I just want to make subtle tech, barely noticable in the real world, that actually helps the human kind
>>
File: bert.gif (2 MB, 180x126) Image search: [Google]
bert.gif
2 MB, 180x126
>>55033641
>mfw reading his manifesto and agreeing vehemently
>>
Smartphones are useful tools.

You probably have an anxiety disorder.
>>
>>55036136

Upvoted, subscribed, wanked ur dick.
>>
>>55033071
Hi summerfriend! :^)
>>
>>55035273

Yep. Depression will soon become the new 'sanity'

Read Stuart Carr. Read Baroness Greenfield.
>>
>>55034789
In the words of Albert Camus, the only conclusion to freedom is a court sentence.
>>
tablets and smartphones are generally for retards and literally children but there are some very niche areas where they can be useful.
>>
File: OsPi4zOB.png (292 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
OsPi4zOB.png
292 KB, 512x512
>>55035273
no fuck you, you fucks already fooled me into watching this shit
>>
File: 1451414892048.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451414892048.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>55041840

Ugh totally agree. That was 2 hours of pretentious vomit I will never get back.
>>
>>55041840
I enjoyed this up until the unnecessary "haha fooled you" moments. Domhnall Gleeson also cannot act and has nearly ruined far too many movies I watched for other actors/characters.

Even Sonoya Mizuno's deliberately flat performance was more effective.

Her was great though, but depressing.

Neither are movies you really watch more than once unless you've only watched them while intoxicated.
>>
>>55035921
socrates said the same thing in his day
>>
I like smart phones tbqh but it is getting a bit out if control I'll be trying to watch a film with my gf and shell spend the entire time watching make up videos on IG
>>
>>55042674
Just get used to the fact that it's a solo activity if you're sedentary and the other participants have lost interest.
>>
>>55033054
You are like 19yo that's a fact.
>>
File: 1397220194287.gif (235 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
1397220194287.gif
235 KB, 285x200
Holy shit this thread is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Both horrifying and fascinating at the same time.
>>
>>55043258
I'm 20 kiddo
>>
No, you're overreacting.
>>
>>55043287
>I'm 20 kiddo
Get off the Internet, grampa!
>>
Does anyone here think so? Why of course! It's called being a neo-luddite. Comes in different forms, usually has to do with the year range. Instead of 100 years, it's 20 years, or 30.

Anyway let's get to the point - you grew up past your glorious ignorant age, and now finally see the world for what it is. You used to embrace "learning new tech" now you're a 20 year old grandma trying to shepherd the internet because you're too scared to learn how to use a smartphone. I'd say "you can use it for business and not games", but you're a fucking piece of shit and are long past that.

FUCK OFF TO IRC! FUCK OFF TO BBS!

You losers are 100% the same, the only way this is going to end is with you jacking off for one or two decades in an obscure irc or bbs circlejerk with people who "get it".

In your weird little made up world where you're king, you'd have us all on 80s garbage that you're nostalgic for that you didn't even use. Nobody would be able to do anything or get anything done, but that'd be fine because they'd all finally be shit like you. Seriously though, fuck off to IRC, it's a magical 80s technology circlejerk waiting for you.

Literally no other board on 4chan is as so against its own topic as /g/. /o/ argues over cars but everyone has a car they like or want, same for /k/ and guns. /g/ is literally the only board chock full of fucking luddites who spend all their time saying that tech was 100% shit after X year or that we should have just stayed in the 80s. Again, fuck off.
>>
>>55043330
Fucking kek

You're right but goddamn that made me laugh so hard
>>
>>55043330
But muh prai vuh see
>>
>>55043330
But I wasn't even born until 1996
>>
>>55032816

>muh Theodor kaczynski
>muh surrogate activities
>muh right wingers are wrong for defending capitalism
>muh... muh... ecology
>muh... nihilistic work

Go cry somewhere else you reckless faggot.
>>
>>55043408
You're mom
>>
>>55043330

Are you just trying to be a faggot, or are you actually a fag?

>/o/ argues over cars but everyone has a car...they like or want
>they like or want

Kek. Just watch what kind of shitstorms start when someone mentions self driving cars.
>>
>>55043443
Self driving cars are the smartphones of transport
Fuck off
>>
>>55043360
You're proving him right
>>
>>55043360
Don't worry, most people who circlejerk about how good life was at some place in some particular timeframe either didn't actually experience it/weren't born yet, or their experience/recollection is skewed enough to render their opinion on it meaningless.
>>
>>55043408

>muh technology/markets will fix it
>muh well just colonize space
>muh infinite growth
>muh its current year
>>
File: 1443651428946.gif (2 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1443651428946.gif
2 MB, 300x203
>>55043285
Just like the rest of the site.
>>
>>55032816
Nah, what ruined society was society.
>>
>>55043488
>just because a certain period in the past wasnt perfect we should just look past all the current problems.

The "le born in the wrong generation" fags might be obnoxious, but being contrarian just for the sake of it is no better.
>>
File: RF002.jpg (41 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
RF002.jpg
41 KB, 480x410
>>55032816

You are blaming smart phones, which are just a symptom of the true problem. The real mess happened when we stated treating user space like a fucking playground to fuel our escapism. Processing speed was turned into a cash cow to be milked for graphic heavy video games with a modular component based sales strategy. The Internet was built up only to support the Web and what was supposed to be a research driven data sharing standard was instead over time turned into a toy for people to abuse sharing their collective nonsense (ironically this site for a time being the poster child for such bullshit as not even Something Awful would put up with Moots degeneracy). This all became worse and worse as computers became smaller and smaller, easier to hide and take with you. The Internet now was expanded to suit Web access pretty much anywhere in the world. It's like dangling heroine in front of a junky and being surprised he takes it. Then for some reason we are still surprised when the junky buys are "new and improved" heroine the next year round.
>>
>>55043330
Nice pasta, desu.
>>
>>55033641
OH shit we're fucked
>>
oh the horror
>>
>>55035273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZUmsNE75f0
>>
>>55036119
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
>>
>>55044108
>clickbait jewtube best of lists

No
>>
>>55043668
nice
>>
>>55033641
Jesus, thats insane.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.