[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where the fuck does /g/ get their used/refurb Macbooks? I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: serveimage.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
where the fuck does /g/ get their used/refurb Macbooks?

I am looking for a 1st or 2nd gen retina macbook for family, but the sellers on amazon and ebay all seem shady as fuck ("CellElectroniczWow!, 2,000,000 positive reviews") and don't offer any warranty.
>>
>>55031602
eBay
>>
We don't. Most of us are not gay.

Check with >>>/fa/ and >>>/lgbt/ to help you out. I'm gay myself and am being serious right now.
>>
>>55031602
Apple sells refurbs themselves on their site. It's never more than like 10% off the original price though.
>>
>>55031602
Apple has a refurbished section on their site, dude.
>>
So make a thread on >>>/fa/ or >>>/lgbt/ and I'll let you know where I got my used gold rose macbook 2015. See you there OP.
>>
used macbooks are such a bad fucking deal, you might as well buy a new one.

Plus, if you have an older one, people will just make fun of you for being poor.
>>
>>55031637
Most of my friends (gay obviously) have macs and are not pajeets. Most are american citizens with a perfect english accent.
>>
>>55031664
if you feel a sense of belonging here then you should kill yourself t b h
>>
>>55031602
Starbucks.

I give complementary blowjobs to anyone willing to sell me his MB, MBA or MBP.
>>
>>55031602
refurb.io is the best refurb site

>>55031620
>someone wants to buy a used 10+ year old thinkpad
good purchase man you really wont be disappointed even tho it looks like a dinosaur laptop and someone probably jizzed on it no worries you can scrub the cum off of it and plus youre getting it from craigslist so its bound to have character!!

>someone wants to buy a used macbook
DA FUQ R U DOIN MAN DONT U KNOW UR NOT SUPPOSED TO BUU USAED DA HELL R U DOIN MAN R U GAY OR SUMTHIN FUK OUTA HERE MAN DIS PLAYS 4 SMRT PPL ONLY UR N0T SM4RT FUKIN FAGG
>>
>>55031602
OP here

please note "for family" in the post

Also I have een Apple's website selling refurbs but they are not a good vaue. I want something like buying a used/refurb thinkpad, which I have bought several for myself, but my family only use macs and cannot into windows or linux (we tried once, it was miserable)
>>
>>55031695
Are you upset?
>>
>>55031602
Get hired at Best Buy, get on the manager's good side, and he might give you a big discount on an open item Macbook.

Nabbed a like-new, hardly used Mid-2012 model for $600, down from about a grand, that way. I used the savings to soup it up to 16GB and a SSD.
>>
You should attend more startups meeting and wake up at 7:30, and focus on selling your desktop before wanting an apple device in shit condition so you can fit in.
>>
Go to a college library and wait for someone to walk away from their MacBook.
>>
>>55032303
>Go to a college library and wait for someone to walk away from their MacBook.

I am honestly considering this (or mall/starbucks) but I assume they have some sort of hardware ID for tracking like "find my iPhone"

Have stolen plenty of shit before but that tracking stuff makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>55032378
Once you are alone immediately boot into recovery mode and wipe the hard drive. Macs have this built in just hold option while booting.
>>
>>55031602
C list
>>
Is it more convenient to get a 'gamer' laptop (gs70/x7) rather than a macbook pro for audio and video programming porpoises?
>>
>>55031692
>buttblasted macfag
>>
>>55032411
That's not recovery, idiot.
>>
>>55032684
It doesn't matter??? The point is you have the hardware, whatever the loser you stole it from had on the hard drive isn't important.
>>
>>55032540
Well it'll sure perform better.
But you're better off getting a workstation laptop like a Thinkpad P50 or P70.
>>
Wait for a sale on a new one or try the Apple website

>tfw got a MBP for $300 off brand new
>>
>>55032703
>It doesn't matter???
It does, you fucking retard. Go???back???to???tumblr?????
>>
>>55032750
MBPs are workstation laptops.
>>
>>55031602
You realize if it doesn't match the description eBay refunds the buyer right?
>>
>>55032540
MBP.
Gaymer laptops are inconvenient because they use Windows
They power a mobile GPU that drains battery and causes loud fan noise
>>
>>55034611
No it doesn't????
>>
>>55031602
trademe/gumtree/kijiji/craigslist/whatever your local equivalent is.
>>
My ex-wife's son got his' macbook from Amazon and is still pretty happy about it
>>
>>55031695
found the macfag
>>
>>55031635
look at this idiot

>>55031613
enjoy your wornout looking dented ladies' metal compact with the screen damage
>>
>>55034653

you realize that eBay (pajeet) regularly allows misleading listings, and could give a shit, right?
>>
File: BZJ6rE1.jpg (14 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
BZJ6rE1.jpg
14 KB, 250x350
#thinkpad
#macfags
#buyingusedwasamistake
>>
File: 1332339546958.jpg (172 KB, 650x393) Image search: [Google]
1332339546958.jpg
172 KB, 650x393
>>55031602
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.