[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got this corsair scimitar for MMOs today, but the 3rd party linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Got this corsair scimitar for MMOs today, but the 3rd party linux software sucks.

If I run it's config software on my windows laptop, since the mouse has onboard memory, will the side buttons be usable when I plug it back into my linux desktop?
>>
>>55030893
>it's
its
>>
>>55030893
>3rd party linux software sucks.
thatslifeson.jpg

I doubt the side buttons would be usable with that method. Can't hurt to try.
>>
it will.
my logitech g300 works like that at least.
>>
>>55030931
What makes you say it wouldn't work?
>>55030937
do you have a driver for your g300?
>>
>>55031036
no drivers, just the mouse's on-board memory.
>>
Why is this mouse being shilled here so much now.
>>
>>55031118
Corsair marketing team is trying their hardest.
>>
>>55031118
its a good mouse anon, very durable and the buttons are satisfying to press. loads of customization. not too expensive either.
>>
>>55031081
You running it in linux?
>>55031118
>trying to shill a mouse by saying it has compatibility issues
not even corsairâ„¢ is that retarded
>>
>>55031250
>compatibility issues
>with Linux
Biggest load of bullshit. Nobody uses Linux outside of servers or creepy wierdos. Just another poor guise for shilling.
>>
>>55031250
>You running it in linux?
yeah, deepin cinnamon.
>>
>>55031338
dank.
about a couple hours ago I took the mouse to the store for a return & got my money back.
really waiting for someone who has this mouse to give me a definitive answer before I go back.
>>
>>55031479
oh, wait for answers for the same model though.
>>
>>55031560
really, if there are any MMO mice that can be programmed and switched over to my linux machine, I'm all ears. the corsair mice was pretty comfy, but there are other mice out there. the electronics shop I went to only had the corsair, a razer naga, and a roccat nyth, but i didn't like that the razer was tiny, and the nyth felt autistic.
>>
>>55031665
are you referring to using mouse keys as keyboard shortcuts by saying mmo mice?
>>
>>55031697
yes
>>
>>55031710
anything with an on-board memory should work then.
for example i made the g9 key press ctrl alt Y when i press it and put an option to 4chan X to refresh the page with that shortcut. i dual boot and it works both on windows and linux.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.