[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Copper fumes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: copper-rods.jpg (82 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
copper-rods.jpg
82 KB, 500x333
I accidentally set the current too high for a copper thread and it burnt and being the stupid guy that I am I inhaled the fumes/smokes/gases. How dead am I?
>>
Very, copper fumes gives you AIDS
>>
>>55030591
GO TO THE ER QUICKLY /G/ CANT HELP YOU NOW
>>
You likely melted the plastic insulation.

So you tell me how bad breathing in melted plastic is.
>>
>>55030607
Pretty sure it can't.

>>55030612
It's not like I breathed in the toxic gases of an entire facility, I just need to know how likely it is that I die.
>>
>>55030634
>plastic insulation
They were naked copper threads, bare for the entire world to see.
>>
>>55030636
The chances you will die are 100%.
>>
>>55030662
According to the CDC I won't die.
But the fact remains that I inhaled toxic fucking metal gas.
>>
>>55030591
I would take a very long walk outside, OP. Breathe the air, make peace with God (just in case, senpai) and maybe go out to eat. If you feel good after an hour or so of this, you'll probably be fine. If not, seek help.
>>
>>55030699
you'll be dead by next week
>>
Have fun with youre general weakness
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002496.htm
>>
>>55030750
Anne Frank turned out pretty hot for a dead girl.
>>
>>55030699
You asked how likely you were to die. Considering everyone dies at some point the chance is 100%. Irrespective of what the CDC might say.
>>
You're pretty much dead, senpai.
>>
>>55030591
Donald trump dead
>>
>>55031030
Holy shit, this anon is right. FUCK
>>
>>55030636
It won't be just toxic gases. There's airborne particles as well. It's like inhaling asbestos. There won't be any noticeable health effects, but you'll increase your chances of getting cancer because stuff that gets in your lungs STAY in your lungs.
>>
>>55031385
>stuff that gets in your lungs STAY in your lungs.

you lungs are actually pretty good at cleaning themselves except for a handful of well-known exceptions ... like asbestos and tar
>>
>>55030591
get it checked out and stop asking for help on a mongolian tapestry forum
>>
>>55030591

You'll be fine.
>>
>>55030662

Actually more like 93%
>>
>>55031030
I won't die if I kill myself first
>>
>>55030591
>and being the stupid guy that I am
read that as "stupid gay" desu
>>
>>55031442
This. Your lungs are actually pretty good at absorbing heavy metals; that's how you get heavy metal poisoning by inhaling things like Zinc or Mercury vapour, after all.
>>
>>55030591
>I accidentally set the current too high for a copper thread
Unless you saw a flash and heard a bang, you either just burnt the transparent insulation, or at worst melted the wire.
>>
>>55031442
lungs are great at cleaning tar. But if you put more in every day....
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.