[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /g/, how is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
so /g/, how is it?
>>
>>55028700
I had one for 6 weeks but ended up returning it due to issues with sleep not working and the whole system going mental when I undocked from the eGPU in the keyboard. Both are/were known issues with no fix at the time. Hopefully they are fixed now but I have no idea.

I was happy to get rid of it by the end of all my troubles but before they really got to me I loved the machine. The screen is sensational. Keyboard is better than a macbook pro but not as nice as a modern thinkpad. trackpad is almost as good as what apple can do but still doesnt feel quite as natural. The screen is fucking gorgeous though. I havent seen a better screen.

I ended up switching to a thinkpad x1 carbon which has been perfect to be fair.

i wish microsoft had actually given us a proper fucking laptop though. not this detachable shit that just causes more problems. they have some fucking fetish about tablets and touch when I DONT FUCKING WANT IT. Just give me a Microsoft ThinkPad ffs
>>
>>55028700
>i wish microsoft had actually given us a proper fucking laptop though
This

But they are insisting on the UWP/tablet interface gimmick

Im sorry but windows is useless this way.
>>
>>55029330
Microsoft's aversion to practicality is puzzling. They're so close to making a real actual rMBP killer but their hardon for tablets is too uncontrollable.

As a current Mac user I might even buy an official MS laptop if it were a proper laptop. I like my 9.7" iPad Pro better for tablet stuff so the hybrid crap is just an annoyance and handicap to me.
>>
/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>>/trash/
>>
we already know that macbooks are going to be shit from the get-go, but what makes this one especially shit is the lack of thinkpad support.

macfags: btfo
>>
>>55028700

My employer issued me a Pro 4. It crashed and was flaky until I installed a few updates - so far so good.

>installed linux in hyper-v guest, hurr durr

but it was a PITA - the hyper-v networking features don't compare with KVM.

The display res is very high and the default scaling is not adequate unless you have freakishly good vision. It also requires a bunch of screwing around with RDP in order for it to be usable.

Some skel swiped my stylus on the train the first day I had it. They should issue the bluetooth mouse with the thing instead of the stylus - especially since it only comes with a single USB port.

It is very light and portable, fan noise is minimal, battery life is decent, and more than powerful enough for the normalfag shit I need to do with it for work purposes.
>>
>>55028700
dell xps 13 and other thinkpads are better
>>
Shit.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.