[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LIMESDR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Have you fa/g/gots heard of LimeSDR yet?

Looks like a 250USD equivalent to a ettus b210 software defined radio.Works from 100khz to 3.8ghz
https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr

Still in funding stage but looks promising in terms of specs,and its open sauce so you can look up more on github

https://github.com/myriadrf/LimeSDR-USB/tree/master/hardware

These guys are actually making it open and I think we should try to support em.
>>
smells like BS
the specs surpass the of existing products too much
>>
>>55028248
>Have you fa/g/gots heard of LimeSDR yet?
Sure. I am considering getting one but my working hours are too long to have much of a hobby. I am a licensed radio amateur so I follow the development in this area.

>>55028602
The chip it is built around is already in production and that is the hardest part.
>>
>>55028248
Why would I need this? I already bought 3 RPi that are collecting dust.
>>
File: 1464797933002.jpg (744 KB, 2667x2000) Image search: [Google]
1464797933002.jpg
744 KB, 2667x2000
>>55028602
>>55030656
ITT: Fucking idiots. Did school just let out?
>>
>>55030717
>bernieposter
>calls others idiots
The irony is strong.
>>
a
>>
Can it run an LTE cell?
>>
>>55030656
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>buy SDR device
>run fake GSM cell
>collect device information from every person comes within 300 yd radius
>even route calls through my VoIP server and eavesdrop on the conversation if they have roaming enabled and don't check that they're roaming before making a call
>FCC knocks on my door one day
>takes all my equipment
>don't know when I will be subpoenaed or arrested
>>
$499 for the complete usable package (case, cables and antennas)
It's still competitive ofc
>>
File: 1462836615938.jpg (7 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1462836615938.jpg
7 KB, 250x247
>>55030840
>reaction images reveal personal opinions
Confirmed for fucking retard.
>>
>>55031430
You ran your own IMSI catcher ?
>>
>>55028248
>not using the B205mini-i with 70 MHZ - 6 GHZ
>>
nope
>>
$249 for those specs is pretty impressive. Would easily cost you 10x that to do it yourself (just the hardware) even if you got everything right the first time. Speaking from experience here.
>>
>>55028602
>TPB will never let this fly, it is far too high tech and futuristic. Delete this immediately.
>>
>>55028602
Well given most existing products are just repurposed HD TV receivers I'm not surprised a purpose-made device does it better.
>>
>>55028248

relevant to muh interests.

looks like a potentially awesome receiver or even transceiver for hams, particularly if it can put out enough power to drive a typical linear.

wonder how well the s/w works.
>>
>>55036730
Looking at the specs for the Lime transceiver, it does have configurable low-pass filters, but not narrow enough for a lot of ham type activity. You would almost certainly want to add an external pre-select filter for the band you intend to use. This will keep the VCOs from getting aliased back down into the passband you are receiving. The rest of the filtering could easily be done by the FIR filters on the Lime device, FPGA, and PC after that.
>>
File: IMG_0057.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm good thanks ;)
>>
>>55031087

It can handle almost all of the frequencies and has 4 antennas so MIMO can work. Anyone know the limitations which aren't clearly listed?
>>
>>55036862
Ettus?

Well funded too then.
>>
>>55037777
For this money, it is very capable. Still, here are some things that I consider limitations:
>U.Fl connectors (mcx,mmcx,sma would be better)
>Small FPGA (Xilinx Artix-7 series would enable much more DSP)
>RX gain control limited to 30dB
>Hardware design files only useful on Windows (Eagle cad would be better choice for open project)
>>
Does Ubuntu Snappy lock this device in to Ubuntu?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.