[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you heard the good word about our lord and savior Urbit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: urbit-the-internet-failed-5-63.jpg (52 KB, 638x491) Image search: [Google]
urbit-the-internet-failed-5-63.jpg
52 KB, 638x491
Have you heard the good word about our lord and savior Urbit?
>>
>tfw the developers behind Urbit are full fedora alt-right, anarcho-capitalist scums who probably browse /pol/
>tfw Urbit is getting shilled on alt-right sites like TheRightStuff
>>
>>55027214
Source for that, senpai? Also why don't you want a better, more free internet?
>>
>>55027269
>a better, more free internet

They plan to centrally control the name space.

You will have to pay them money to buy a name on the name space.

Shorter the name, larger the address range, more node you can have in the namespace, more expensive the name registration.

Actually read the fucking document.
>>
>>55027317
>asks for source
>educate yourself, anon
Hi tumblr
>>
>>55027434
>A crucial difference between Urbit and other networks is that planets are scarce. Even when the network is fully populated, there are only 4 billion. Early in Urbit's life, most stars and galaxies are not yet operating, so far fewer are available. No one will ever be able to get planets trivially and for free.

>You own an Urbit ship cryptographically, like a Bitcoin wallet. But Urbit doesn't use a blockchain or mining.

>If Bitcoin is money, Urbit is land. Much as all real-estate titles in England trace back to William the Conqueror, all certificates in Urbit trace back to ~zod.

http://urbit.org/posts/address-space/
>>
>>55027659
Why would they do this?
>>
>>55027692
It's basically yet another pre-mine cryptocoin scam with more Kool-Aid.
>>
>>55027710
/biz/ is gonna love this
>>
File: Ubik(1stEd).jpg (40 KB, 350x568) Image search: [Google]
Ubik(1stEd).jpg
40 KB, 350x568
>>
>>55027153
Too lazy to search can someone give a short(but not too short) description ? Like, is this like that one bullshit from that hacking convention that was recently ?

Also can I say I'm loving all these meta-nets poping out it's starting to feel a bit like the old internet with the focus on privacy and all.
>>
>>55028391
Some nebulous, 20+ page bullshit about federate computing with its own programming language that deliberately rejects existing programming conventions for extra hipster value.
>>
>>55027659
But have they actually provided the method of creating/buying in the address space? I'm not seeing anything. It's not unreasonable to assume the process will be decentralized similar to the bitcoin mining system (which they seem to think quite highly of)
>>
>>55028391
It's a software stack/philosophy designed to replace our current system entirely, maximize privacy, reduce spam, and maximize freedom around those two axioms. Currently under development, but it has its own functional programming language, and OS underway.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.