[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intel Monopoly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_19.png (66 KB, 1075x577) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_19.png
66 KB, 1075x577
Where is AMD? Where is Zen? CPU prices will only increase and that will trickle down to other electronics as Intel completely take over the industry.
>>
>>55026605
>Lemme' guess... millennial?
t. millennial.
>>
>>55026605

>that person has just proven why the free market doesn't work because it will create monopolies everywhere where there is a natural barrier to entry

fucking moronic libertarian
>>
>>55027319
But OP is right. This is somewhat of an issue.

Free capitalism is great and all, but when you have the monopolies such as Microsoft on its OS share, Walmart (as example) and its near monopoly, etc., you just see that there needs to be some competition. AMD in my mind is still not a true competitor due to their hardware not being better for the price (in current situations), and that's it.

With competition, Microsoft and Apple formed with innovation and technology. Without competition like there was with multipule companies throughout the 90s, technology will stagnate even further. The technology curve will hit a cieling, and it will hit hard.

Although that's just 2 cents from an idiot on
/g/. Have a nice day, Anon.
>>
>>55026605
Nothing has done more damage to progress in technology than the as-goood-as-monopolies of Microsoft and Intel. It's pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>55028192
Posted from my Windows 10™ PC powered by an Intel® Core™ CPU.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.