[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the difference between 1440p@144hz an 1080p@144hz really noticable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: ThisFuckingMonitor.jpg (37 KB, 592x480) Image search: [Google]
ThisFuckingMonitor.jpg
37 KB, 592x480
Is the difference between 1440p@144hz an 1080p@144hz really noticable? And is it even worth the jump in price?
>>
>>55025938
yes 1440 is better if you need more work space
>>
yes and yes

but keep in mind that you will need a more powerful gpu for 1440p. i have a gtx 980ti and i usually get between 70 and 110 fps in modern games on the highest settings. i have to turn down the settings to high if i want the full benefit of 144hz.
if you invest in a monitor with gsync, you won't notice a difference, though.
>>
>>55025985
I plan on upgrading to a gtx 1080, as I've heard it can run most games pretty well in 1440p. I'm just worried that the games are gonna get more demanding forcing me to either downscale or upgrade to SLI.
>>
>>55026039
>I'm just worried that the games are gonna get more demanding forcing me to either downscale or upgrade to SLI.
this will definitely happen eventually. you should be fine with a 1080 for now.
gsync would be cheaper in the long run compared to a second gpu, i'd go for that.
>>
File: Razer_Blade_35433773_01.jpg (45 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
Razer_Blade_35433773_01.jpg
45 KB, 770x433
>>55026067
Yeah, couple of year back I spent 2500$ on the pic related meme laptop, and a year later it could barely run anything so I dont want to make the same mistake.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.