[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vintage Bose 901 Speakers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: post-101326-1206291335.jpg (89 KB, 1024x406) Image search: [Google]
post-101326-1206291335.jpg
89 KB, 1024x406
Found a pair of 901 speakers sealed in plastic in our storage building. They have the eq box and seem to be in perfect condition.

Are these shit like the current Bose speakers or are they worth setting up? They even came with the manuals and all the advertising shit. Bose was certainly marketing the hell our their stuff even back then. There was an instruction manual and a whole different book detailing industry awards.
>>
>>55025870
For free sure, they won't sounds as good as dynacos or even Fisher xp-7s. But they aren't bad speakers just fairly pedestrian.
>>
File: image.png (118 KB, 380x498) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118 KB, 380x498
>>55026279
Describe pedestrian sound like you're talking to someone not wearing a fedora.

I mainly listen to music now on a pair of KRK Rokit 8s(pic related).

So I shouldn't bother hooking them up? Perhaps sell them?
>>
Sell them to some audiophool for a ridiculous price
>>
File: image.jpg (949 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
949 KB, 2576x1932
>>55027433
Oh and this may be more interesting than the speakers. A Pioneer class A receiver that weighs about 55 pounds. I assume this is mated with the Bose 901s. Any audiophiles that can weigh in on late 70's early 80's Pioneer class A amps? It certainly looks cool. The knobs are huge solid machined metal and are pure sex to turn.
>>
>>55025870
If you got then with all the manuals it might be better to sell them, they're almost as good as the current 901's, it seems yours are series III
901's are worlds apart from anything else from BOSE, they're pretty nice speakers but there's letter in the market and in the price range
Try them, but set them up right, speaker placement is critical with this ones
>>55027494
They're decent, for enough for most stuff
A lot of audiophiles claim the 901's need a lot of niggawatts to work, but they should work fine with the 901's
>>
Greetings /g/, I have come over some speakers too. The amp is a Technics SA-AX530 which there seems to be some information about, but the speakers themselves, I have *no* info on. They're a pair of Eastman Sound Martin 305 speakers. I kind of like them, but I'm a headphone listener.

I also found some Pioneer S710, but they seemed to have absolutely horrible sound quality. I can pump them up really loud though, but I don't really need that.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.