[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all of these GPU war shitposting threads when dx12 enables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: MixedGPU2.jpg (243 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
MixedGPU2.jpg
243 KB, 1000x664
>all of these GPU war shitposting threads when dx12 enables you to mix n match GPUs
You can literally play games with an Nvidia GPU, an AMD GPU, and your Intel integrated graphics just for keks. Hypothetically, instead of paying the premium for a g-sync monitor, you could primarily use an Nvidia GPU but also have a cheap AMD GPU that costs less than the price difference between an g-sync and freesync monitor so that you can output the video through the AMD GPU and save money on the freesync monitor.
>>
>>55021474
No we can't because dx12 is windows botnet 10 only.
>>
>>55021582
Why do you keep posting this in every thread? I'm having a hard time understanding the point of it.
>>
>>55021596
Shits and giggles man.
>>
>>55021596
>trying to understand shitposting
>>
>>55021591
Your point being?
>>
>>55021474
>all of these GPU war shitposting threads when dx12 enables you to mix n match GPUs
It enables developers to not the users. And given that most games don't support multi-gpu we are likely to see even less multi-adapter support. This is only further compounded that most games are console ports and any multi-gpu support is coded by Nvidia or AMD.
>>
>>55021582
THIS
>>
>>55021474
Why do you keep posting this meme? Nvidia won't allow it to happen, you naive dumbass.
>>
>can't even use a 970 and 960 together
NoVideo would sooner burn the entire industry to the ground.
>>
>>55021474
>shilling dx12 over vulkan
Microsoft is still paying a lot to try and kill off competition, I see
>>
>>55021755
It literally already exists, dumbass.
>>
>>55021778
>Inb4 game that hasn't been released
Nvidia will just lock their drivers when they detect an AMD card, like they did with Physx.
>>
>>55021596
such is the australian way of life.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (136 KB, 728x768) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
136 KB, 728x768
>>55021474
BLASPHEMY
>>
File: 78165.png (21 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
78165.png
21 KB, 650x350
>>55021792
You can LITERALLY already do this in games that are already out. Why is this so hard to believe?
>>
>>55021582
Our case
>>
>>55021829
wait so does this mean I can use nvidia drivers for driver quality + an AMD GPU to provide the heavy lifting?
>>
>>55021850
No. Each GPU is powered by their respective driver. It's just dx12 games can support multiple GPUs.
>>
>>55021870
then what's the point?

if X GPU is the best for price/performance, buying multiple of X GPU will always be better than mixing and matching

literally only use case I see is for a developer who needs the ability to test on multiple different GPUs, but then also wants the ability to use both at the same time for casual gaming
>>
>>55021890
So you can use best of both sides like HBAO amd TressFX
>>
>>55021474
>Hypothetically, instead of paying the premium for a g-sync monitor, you could primarily use an Nvidia GPU but also have a cheap AMD GPU that costs less than the price difference between an g-sync and freesync monitor so that you can output the video through the AMD GPU and save money on the freesync monitor.
I'm not entirely sure that will work. I presumed the computer (aka display driver) talked to the gsync monitor which would mean in your case the nVidia driver would have to talk to the monitor through the AMD card, and I don't see that happening.
Also, I don't see nVidia and AMD drivers playing nicely together and I don't see multi GPU being viable.
>>
>>55022318
>caring about shittily implemented vendor lock-in overhyped marketing buzzfeatures
>>
>>55022715
>it's okay when nvidia does it!
>>
File: stem.jpg (8 KB, 221x57) Image search: [Google]
stem.jpg
8 KB, 221x57
>>55021806
fuck off mate ya fuckin cunt assed bastard shit for brains
>>
>>55021474
>implying direct x12 is actually a thing
>implying there's benefits to direct x12
>implying there's actual dx12 games that are optimised
>implying the botnet is worth dx12

you imply a lot friend.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.