[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you all talk so much about GPUs? What is so interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1427428868059.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1427428868059.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
Why do you all talk so much about GPUs?
What is so interesting about GPUs? They're literally boxes that render pixels, you plug them in, they work.
Aren't ham radios, or microcontrollers much more interesting?
>>
>>55020867
And here you are, doing exactly the opposite of what you recmmend we talk about.
>>
>>55020867
Normally there isn't much talk about GPUs except the odd build thread. Except when there are new cards launching. We had 1080 and the 1070 launched in the last month and AMD is launching the 470 and 480 soon.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465299955063.jpg (50 KB, 600x799) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465299955063.jpg
50 KB, 600x799
GPUs are the pretty much the most exciting consumer technology with the most frequent meaningful improvement. CPU has been stagnant since 2011. Smartphone performance is just a marketing gimmick because it has almost no impact for 99% of end users(citation needed). Laptops suck now. Lol consoles. Etc
>>
>>55020867
I think that only the people who want to upgrade talk about them.

I upgraded to a 290x last summer. I literally don't give a fuck about GPUs and won't for at least 3 or 4 more years.

It's the same with phones
>>
>>55020974
fuck off spamming shill
mods!
>>
>>55020867
/v/ermin, that's why, if you see a civil discussion over gpus that's actual /g/, the stale shitposting is by /v/
>>
>>55020997
Just report it and move on. Don't feed them.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.