[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i learn rails/react or go? i want to make cross platform
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: cute-girl-first-result.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
cute-girl-first-result.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
should i learn rails/react or go?

i want to make cross platform apps and web apps without having to rewrite/maintain the same app for every platform/device.

i'm leaning towards Go but maybe i'm retarded and i'm not hip on something?

>pic related it got your attention
>>
>India Eisley

I have fantasized about this woman being my wife.
>>
>>55020125
is there a /programming/ board? /g/ is too generalized. :^(
>>
>>55020148
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/

https://stackoverflow.com/
>>
you should do some more research because your question leads me to believe you don't know what you are doing
>>
File: reddit-sucks-first-page.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
reddit-sucks-first-page.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>55020189
>pic very related
i don't want to be censorbanned when i argue that rails/react is startup faggot shit
>>
>>55020211
i don't. hence i'm providing you with my goals and asking you what i should dump time into learning.

if it helps, i'm pretty DaNk (see: dat boi; o shit waddup) at html.
>>
>>55020125
At first I thought it was Selena Gomez.
>>
>>55020236
And what I'm telling you is you lack the basic knowledge to even ask the right question.
>>
>>55020111
I'm not really familiar with the Ruby ecosystem, much less something like rails/react.
But I do know that Go is pretty much designed for back-end programs, like web applications, and is easy to maintain.

I would go with Go, and do some research around that..
>>
>>55020259
then what is the right knowledge? help a brother out. point me in the right direction (not reddit) please. :^(
>>
>>55020111
Learn Elixir
>>
>>55020282
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55020283
if i'm going to learn something, i'd like to learn something semi-marketable.

>>55020297
>judging people by smileys
>not killing your entire family and then blowing your brains out
>>
>>55020328
>marketable
Java, obviously. Use spring my friend :^)
>>
Either React or Angular 2.
>>
>>55020282
Your question asks to compare a frontend framework (React) and a backend framework (Rails) with a language (Go).

What you want to do is choose a language and a web framework for the backend and separate framework for the frontend.
>>
>>55020346
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55020379
wow dude you're so smart. i can tell you know hows to code good. will you teach me?
>>
>>55020414
>>55020379
to clarify for newbs

>What you want to do is choose a language and a web framework for the backend and separate framework for the frontend.
ruby/rails are the language/framework for backend. react is the framework for frontend.

for Go, Go is the language, and there are few web frameworks http://blog.honeybadger.io/go-write-a-web-app-five-interesting-go-web-frameworks/ and you'd just use JS/React for frontend.

maybe i should've been more clear? what language/frameworks can i learn so i write the least amount of code for the most amount of native support

in Rails/React rolling APIs/web-apps would be easy with Rails scaffolding & its shitton of gems. then I'd be able to use React Native/Desktop to roll some apps for various devices/OS's.

in Go I'd be able to write native apps and such from one codebase (saw some chink bitch do it on youtube but can't find it now). Go is also fast as fuck. the downside is it's some weird autist functional language stuff so learning curve is steep.

i want to learn something marketable, but i'd also like to shit out cool cross-platform apps every weekend.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.