[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I go to read about microphones? I recently got a Modmic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ANT-MODMIC-la.jpg (97 KB, 960x852) Image search: [Google]
ANT-MODMIC-la.jpg
97 KB, 960x852
Where do I go to read about microphones?
I recently got a Modmic, and my experience with it so far has been complete garbage. So, in order to avoid doing this again, is there any site for info on microphones?

If that's too retarded of a question, then I'll make it simpler: what's a mic that doesn't suck?
>>
>>55018908
One of the most popular microphones is the blue yeti. I don't use a microphone though, cant tell you if its good or not, but its practically what everyone uses.
>>
>>55018957
no blue yeti, stop meming that shitty blue yeti crap and get an MXL 770.
>>
File: 1455050479857.png (3 MB, 1600x5592) Image search: [Google]
1455050479857.png
3 MB, 1600x5592
I'm so glad I didn't fall for the modmic meme.

Anyway someone made this a while ago, op. Blue Snowball is very affordable and very popular if you'll use it for basic shit.
>>
>>55018998
At that point get an AT2020 and get better sound for an extra 30 dollars you poorfag
>>
>>55018957
blue yeti is shit unless you get the pro version and a mixer. it picks up way too much shit and the usb version sounds like ass.

if you're going to spend ~200 just get an AT2020 and a 2nd generation scarlett solo or some other interface like a behringer xenyx 302usb or the focusrite bundle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6T54E2/

also like the other anon said MXL 770 is a solid choice.
>>
also if you're really a jew you can get these two
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XOXRTX6/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014H8AWGC
and that's everything you need for like $60 but you might need an extra xlr cable, I can't remember.
>>
>>55019021
>>55019021
You mean extra 50, anyone who buys Snowball for 70 Ameribucks is a retardo.
>>
>>55018998
Thanks for this. Pretty much on target as to what I was looking for.

Based on what the picture >>55018998 posted, considering I'm in a loud room, I should get a dynamic mic instead, correct? Several of you have posted condenser mics, so I'm confused.
>>
I have a modmic. Sounds great
>>
>>55019668
I assumed from your use of the modmic that you're looking for something for gaming and general voice comms which would make a dynamic mic a pain in the dick because you have to be very close to them. (~3 inches) otherwise you're going to be very quiet
>>
>>55019881
That makes sense. I guess I'll look into the MXL and ATs. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>55019914
depending on how loud the room is and how crafty you are you can try to make https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVqcEpg6_c but that's less for a loud room and more for one that has echo and such.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.