[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Important Coding Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: completion_complex1.png (32 KB, 493x355) Image search: [Google]
completion_complex1.png
32 KB, 493x355
Hi, /g/. So I've started coding. I decided to learn Python because apparently thats what most people start with. It seems simple right now, and I'm getting the hang of it. but I'm still running in to a few problems with one big one that's really stopping me from achieving the full 'coder' experience so I must ask - what's the best mechanical keyboard?
>>
ur a fucking idiot catch aids
>>
You should probably get pretty deep into a language before you spend any money on anything. Honestly coding is one of the few things you can learn completely for free, why fuck that up?
>>
>>55017997
this
>>
>>55018046
I'll still learn I just want the keyboard too
>>
>>55017977
Learn Forth.
>>
>>55017977
Learns how to do if statements and a for loop....NEED A HACKER KEYBOARD, GUYZ.
>>
>>55018277 lets face it I would learn code a lot quicker
>>
>>55018467
A mechanical keyboard will allow you to learn data structures and algorithms a lot quicker? Interesting.
>>
>>55018467
no you won't lol.
I learned how to code on a $200 craptop.

you'll learn how to code if you want to. Not bc you have a mechanical keyboard. You won't even be able to logic fast enough for your keyboard to matter at this point. Some of the best coders learned on paper.
>>
>>55017977
>I decided to learn Python because apparently thats what most people start with
Most people are bad programmers.
>>
>>55017977
i got a "saltek" low profile keyboard, after evaluating a lot
>>
>>55017977
The obvious answer will be an Apple™ keyboard to show people how much of a fag you are
>>
>>55017977
I made it to 90k salary using rubber domes
>>
Not sure if serious or a truly glorious troll
>>
>>55017997
I agree
>>
>>55018934
I think it's serious. A lot of people get caught up in the same trap. I wanted to learn photography, but I wanted to make sure I had the perfect camera(s), collection of lenses, tripod, etc... when all I really needed to do was take some fucking pictures.

Buying stuff and trying to get "everything you need" is a lot easier than actually diving into unknown, confusing territory and trying to teach yourself.
>>
- OP wants to start Programming
- First thing that OP is worried about is it to get the proper kbd.
--> OP programming it's not for you...
>>
>>55017977
>I decided to learn Python because apparently thats what most people start with.

It's more accurate to say that's what some people start with. You don't make a generalized statement based on just the opinions of just a few strangers on the internet.
>>
>>55019038
What the fuck is this indentation?
Summerfag GTFO
>>
>>55017977
Yes
>>
>>55017997
pretty much this
>>
>>55017977
Has /g/ fallen this low, that it's not even able to detect bait/sarcasm anymore?
Also this >>55020854
>>
>>55018570
Why?
>>
>>55021355
I was trolling lol
>>
>this thread

kill me
>>
Don't get a mechanical kb op it's useless. I tried some of them and the difference is not worth $150. If you want to be the cool kid, remember not to get cherry mx, but an $200+ topre. Obviously this has nothing to do with coding. I learnt python with an $30 rubber keyboard and i had no problems. Also consider an SSD and the latest NVIDIA® GTX© 1070, that will definitely improve your experience

;^)
>>
OP make sure you get a keyboard that inserts spaces as tabs
>>
>>55017977
start with anything with static typing. starting out with dynamic typing will fuck you over big time.
>coding
nevermind. future code artisan detected
>>
File: 1465611676582.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1465611676582.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
jesus guys it was a joke I didn't realise it'd trigger all of you
>>
File: Bait- (3).png (81 KB, 624x628) Image search: [Google]
Bait- (3).png
81 KB, 624x628
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.