[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Google official supports the TPP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: google.png (135 KB, 440x451) Image search: [Google]
google.png
135 KB, 440x451
>Google Comes Down On The Wrong Side Of The TPP
>This is extremely unfortunate, but not surprising. Google has made some noise sounding supportive of the TPP over the past year or so, and now it's put out a blog post strongly supporting the agreement, and claiming that it's good for intellectual property and the internet.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160610/15124434685/google-comes-down-wrong-side-tpp.shtml
https://publicpolicy.googleblog.com/2016/06/the-trans-pacific-partnership-step.html

Botnet-fags on suicide watch!
>>
>>55016993
whats tpp?
>>
>>55017765
a free trade agreement with the US and Pacific countries.
>>
File: duck duck go fuck yourself.png (14 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
duck duck go fuck yourself.png
14 KB, 256x256
There are people on /g/ right now that don't use the only search engine that respects your privacy.
>>
>>55017776
You mean searx.me?
>>
>>55016993
Google can say and do whatever they want, there's nothing we can do about it.
Google could come out an openly endorse ISIS and people will still actively use their services without any impedance to their user traffic simply because there is no better alternative to most of them.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (50 KB, 446x522) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
50 KB, 446x522
https://stallman.org/articles/duckduckgo-censorship.html
>using DuckDuckTeenTitansGo

>>55017776
>>
File: 1462375861393.jpg (14 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
1462375861393.jpg
14 KB, 252x200
>>55017772
>"free trade"
Quit believing the Jew lies.
>>
File: pepmaga.jpg (107 KB, 540x900) Image search: [Google]
pepmaga.jpg
107 KB, 540x900
>>55016993

If only there were some way of stopping the TPP...
>>
>>55016993
What's wrong?
Aren't we all ready for our AI overlord?
>>
>>55016993
lol those fucking comments

down with google!

>>55017776
searx.me

DDG is garbage
>>
File: csbkszl.jpg (37 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
csbkszl.jpg
37 KB, 600x342
>>55016993
God, I am so disappointed right now. It feels like the world's just sliding to hell in a handbasket, and we're more powerless than ever to pull it back.
>>
>>55016993
Really makes you think.
>>
>>55017854
Except that Trump is a massive supporter of TPP
>>
>mfw i'll work for google and get the first sentient AI to make me a machine body

Here's hoping I'm working my ass off to get an internship I really hope it all works out.
>>
>>55017958
Proof?
>>
>>55017776
>DON'T USE GOOGLE BOTNET LMAO
>duckduckgo literally searches google for you
>>
>>55017776
people think any site cares about their privacy?

wow.
>>
>>55017958
Last I heard he was against it, but that guy changes his mind all the time.

Hillary only started questioning it because Sanders backed her into it. I fully expect her to roll over and let it through, if not actively push for it once she takes office. And that's if Obama doesn't pass it before he leaves.
>>
File: 1462123751571.jpg (122 KB, 837x563) Image search: [Google]
1462123751571.jpg
122 KB, 837x563
>>55017958

He literally can't go three minutes without shittalking the TPP.

Pls go home, CorrectTheRecord...
>>
>yet another cuck attempt by google
god, i miss the google from 2006
>>
File: ragepyro.gif (222 KB, 203x199) Image search: [Google]
ragepyro.gif
222 KB, 203x199
>>55016993
Out of all the fucking tech companies to support this grubby "trade" deal. I already knew they had done away with "Don't be evil", but this sets their true morals in stone.
Fuck Google, their unrelenting support for Shillary, any subsidiary they own, any parent company they are a part of, and the fact that I have to add fuel to the fire to post this by filling out the goddamn reCAPTCHA.
>>
>>55019348
>I already knew they had done away with "Don't be evil"
It's still there.
https://abc.xyz/investor/other/google-code-of-conduct.html

For Alphabet they used "Do the right thing" instead, but you wouldn't know it from clickbait headlines that spun it as ZOMG GOOGLE DROPS "DON'T BE EVIL".
https://abc.xyz/investor/other/code-of-conduct.html

But after today it's kind of a moot point.
>>
the reason privacy isn't doomed is the reality of how much content each of us use every day. Sure there might be some AI sorting through your shit but honestly when is a human being ever even going to look at it? I for one really wouldn't care if an advanced enough AI could read all of our communications(only if we agree to it which everyone who uses Google does, you don't have to) if it could potentially flag some kind of terrorism, I mean I seriously doubt which an advanced enough AI that 99% of all volunteered communications would ever be seen by anyone except for who you intended. In 5 years 2-3 billion people will be on the Internet, it's like being pissed that someone can put a microscope to a drop of water from the ocean.
>>
https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/the-trans-pacific-trade-tpp-agreement-must-be-defeated?inline=file

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/must-read/why-i-dont-care-about-edward-snowden

The hero we need but don't deserve
>>
>>55016993
As much as the TPP is bullshit, it's pretty equally bullshit for a news site to call a position on an issue that isn't their own "the wrong side"

Disagreeing with Google is fine, but saying they're "wrong" for preferring an action within a controversial issue that benefits them is pretty shitty journalism.
>>
>>55019482
Sanders is too pure for this world. Just like Stallman.
>>
>>55019482
Bernie Sanders is basically a Democrat version of Ron Paul.
>old man who has stuck with his morals throughout his life, giving a feeling of authenticity
>understands the problems with the US (for Paul its ever-growing government, for Sanders its ever-growing wealth inequality)
>advocates a form of "political revolution"
>popular on reddit, appeals to those in their mid 10's to mid 20's
>given no chance in the election due to the evils they were trying to confront
>will never get the chance to run for president again due to age
>>
>>55017958
He says at every rally he does that he's adamantly against the TPP.
>>
File: berned justice.jpg (82 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
berned justice.jpg
82 KB, 720x960
>>55019482
>the communist jew
No fucking thanks.
>>
>>55019767
Like he said. We don't deserve. Fedora fuckheads like you vote for a guy with a big mouth and small dick. Or a woman because she's next in line in a dynasty of politicians.
>>
>>55019639
He's only a few years older than Trump
>>
>>55019791
>fedora fuckheads
You are supporting THE sjw candidate. Actually, he's no longer a candidate since he lost and made off with $200 million of your donations.
>>
File: bernie sanders.png (523 KB, 644x370) Image search: [Google]
bernie sanders.png
523 KB, 644x370
Bernie "Just Cuck My Shit Up" Sanders
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.