[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not a real programmer. How long would it take one of you professionals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: jet1.gif (302 KB, 1319x711) Image search: [Google]
jet1.gif
302 KB, 1319x711
Not a real programmer. How long would it take one of you professionals to make a game like stack or dropple on ios? Just curious, not looking for anything.
>>
>professionals
>>
>>55015009
I mean professionals being someone paid to do work, you know, its definition.
As a followup, what about apps like snapchat or whatsapp? Aside from setting up back end and funding for servers or whatever, how long would it take someone who was good at their job and had all of the guidelines to make it?
>>
>>55015055
4 months. 2 weeks if it's a botched up POS
>>
>>55015151
What would the most time consuming thing be? Is it just very slow to work through each line of code?
>>
>>55015174
Docs, prototyping and testing. Coding is relatively quick
>>
>>55015465
>Catalog
thanks, that makes sense. What do you mean by docs though? is this the work done before you make anything?
>>
>>55015546
Yes. Documentation like use case diagrams and requirements
>>
>>55015657
Last question, so even very simple apps take a decent amount of time to put together? stack seems like it could be made in 500 lines of code and i very simple, just as an example, this process would take a few months?
>>
That can be done in days. Docs, testing and the like are useful for businesses or for when you want to sell your software
>>
OP here, thanks for the help and i get it now
>>
>>55014974
Software engineering projects go through several phases.
It normally includes Planning (what do you want to achieve), Definition (what EXACTLY is it supposed to do), contract stuff based on the definition (if you were hired by someone), Design (what's it supposed to look like, what's the code supposed to be like), implementation (coding), testing (every function gets tested), quality assurance (does it meet the criteria specified in the contract), documentation (for programmers) and possibly writing some sort of installation or user manual (for users).

But if you're just programming for leasure you can cut right to the coding (if you know how to do it)
>>
>>55015949
spot on.
>>
>>55015949
very informative thanks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.