[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thank goodness for Firefox's Reader View. Cuts through the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 2013-11-06-14-57-59-5405ab.png (222 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-06-14-57-59-5405ab.png
222 KB, 600x550
Thank goodness for Firefox's Reader View. Cuts through the junk and makes articles much easier to read with no distractions.

If your browser doesn't have a reader mode option, you're missing out.
>>
I use this on my desktop all the time!

Why does fennec not display the actual URL?
I use IceCatMobile so i never noticed this. Can it be disabled? (For later purposes, When this gets implemented)
>>
File: 4L_XUP2AxNT.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4L_XUP2AxNT.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Safari lol
>>
>>55014420
>CAN'T SULK THE HULK.
when you touch the url bar it shows the url
>>
Only reason I don't use ffmobile is because it lacks the data compression feature found in chrome and opera mobile.
>>
Sorry but I'm not going to use a browser that stutters, struggles to load pages and renders fonts so poorly even on a 2016 flagship with 4GB RAM.
Don't care how many """features""" it has.
>>
Let me get this straight. You've already loaded all the entire webpage data, the images scripts and everything, and there's a button that hides the pictures which you've already downloaded?

Classic example of Firefox bloat.
>>
>>55014360

Never used that. I use uBlockOrigin and if something is in the way I just right click > hide it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160610-165537.png (119 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160610-165537.png
119 KB, 1080x1920
>>55014646
No lag or poor fonts on my 2014 flagship.

>>55014710
You can change pic related.
>>
>>55014772
Pls post feet
>>
>>55014781
pretty sure it still downloads the image data.
you aren't saving data
>>
>>55014831
>Show images
>Only over wifi
What do you think this option is for?
>>
File: CA44C6gWsAAFdDL.png (172 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
CA44C6gWsAAFdDL.png
172 KB, 600x433
>>55014710
It de-bloats and streamlines the page so it's much easier to read. One click gets rid of all the floating social media buttons, the "suggested and trending articles" panel, the header, the footer stuff, etc.

Also, Firefox isn't the only browser with a native reader mode. Safari and Edge have native reader modes and Google is reportedly working on one for Chrome as well.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.