[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SJW mods are in full damage control deleting Gawker bankruptcy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.jpg (27 KB, 580x175) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
27 KB, 580x175
SJW mods are in full damage control deleting Gawker bankruptcy threads.
Top fucking kek.
SJWs confirmed BTFO and on SUICIDE WATCH. Gawker dies a deserving death.
>>
k
>>
>>55012467
>mods
You do realize that they added a bunch of janitors just recently right? All the new ones are reddit trash.
>>
>>55012493
Of course, moot got SJW cuck mods a long time ago mate.
>>
>>55012467
I was warned that the quality of threads was something important in /g/
I made a thread saying
>friendly reminder to pacman -Syyu
as we used to have few times ago when a new linux version was released on pacman, and where people were actually talking about linux.
But I guess those threads are no longer welcomed in /g/ and the few stuff permitted are general threads and shitposting threads.
>>
>>55013206
Those kinds of threads are perfectly welcome in /g/. But because this board has been overrun, you're bound to just have tons of shitposts until your thread autosages.
>>
>>55012467
because gawker is technology how?
>>
>>55013669
I don't think these actions were exclusive to /g/.
>>
>>55013694
i can think of only two-three boards (if you include /b/) where gawker would be on-topic. don't get me wrong, i hate them as much as the next autistic memelord, i think clickbait and aggregators have destroyed journalism and now even "respected" publications (if you set aside political differences) like NYT, WP, WSJ, etc. are writing clickbait blog posts and passing them off as news stories, and i will be the first to cheer when they start getting destroyed by the forces of good, but it has absolutely nothing to do with /G/NU/Linux so i don't want to read about it on /g/
>>
>>55013806
That's understandable. But GNU/Linux isn't all that /g/ is or should be, y'know.
>>
>>55013669
this is related to /g/ because those kind of people are responsible of the state of the web. It's because of this kind of people that we have clickbait articles everywhere and that we want to use ad blocker to avoid being redirected to this kind of shit.
>>
>>55012467
Except Gawker isn't going anywhere. Ziff Davis have already agreed to buy all their sites and they'll carry on as normal. Who technically owns them is irrelevant. They also won't have to pay Hogan a penny as a result of the bankruptcy process.

This is the most hollow of victories.
>>
>>55013806
Stupid question, but what's an aggregator? Do you mean sites that collect and organize links to other sites' content?
>>
>>55014200
yes. the ones that trick you into clicking on them because you think it's a news story/article, but it's actually just a blurb about how a different news aggregator blog posted a link to a news story with a link to that blog which has a link to the original article
>>
>>55014260

That matches the definition of blogspam then, not aggregation.
>>
>>55013206
New janitors are fucking dog shit

Let's see if my post remains here or if it gets deleted by some autistic faggot
>>
>>55014325
The whole thread will be deleted like evey thread talking about the quality of this board.
As /g/ poster we want things to improve and discuss about those issues but mods won't let us and hear what we have to say.
>>
>>55014325
>New janitors are fucking dog shit
>Let's see if my post remains here or if it gets deleted by some autistic faggot

Hmm

>offtopic sjw drivel stays up
>anything critical of that gets taken down

Fucking kill yourselves nigger hot pockets
>>
>>55014376
>about the quality of this board.

I spend like a year off this board and when I come back its even worse than before

This place is irredeemable now
>>
>>55014401
I'm around the same boat. It's been about 3 years since I visited 4chan, and now have been here for a few weeks.

There is an insurmountable amount of shit here on /g/, but christ, gold can still be found here. Some of the insane insight and interesting conversations I've gotten from here has totally been fucking worth it despite all the shitposters.

I've also tried my hand at /v/... that's even worse than /g/, but even there I was able to find complete and utter gold occasionally.
>>
>>55014592
http://vocaroo.com/i/s06pJfebBIst
/tv/ should just be renamed /shitpost/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.