[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
France launches smartphone app to alert people to terror attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: french_terror_app.0.jpg (31 KB, 644x572) Image search: [Google]
french_terror_app.0.jpg
31 KB, 644x572
>The French government has created a smartphone app designed to send warnings directly to people’s phones in the event of a bombing, shooting or other disaster.

>Two days before the Euro 2016 football tournament opens in France amid a high police and military presence, the French interior ministry unveiled its alert app called Saip (Système d’alerte et d’information des populations), which was developed after last November’s coordinated terrorist attacks across Paris killed 130 people.

>Available in English and French, the app can be configured to receive an alert if an attack occurs near the user. In the event of a terrorist bombing or shooting, the smartphone screen turns crimson and displays the word “ALERT”, a brief description of what is happening and advice on how to react.

>Advice already on the app includes general tips on what to do in other emergencies, such as a nuclear alert, including “take cover in a closed building”, “do not pick up your children from school” and “do not overcrowd telephone networks”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/08/france-smartphone-app-alert-terror-attacks-saip
>>
>>55009875
clearly this is easier than simply not importing mudslimes.
>>
>>55009875
Twitter works because you engage with it all the time.

This won't work because you don't. You're not going to download and keep an app you don't use, even if it does warn you
>>
File: 1460977501915.jpg (138 KB, 1075x603) Image search: [Google]
1460977501915.jpg
138 KB, 1075x603
>>55009875
>>
>>55009875
"there is no such thing as islamification"

yeah right
>>
>>55009875
I'm glad something good is finally coming from the tech industry. Not just "encryption" and """free""" software that enables pedophiles and terrorists.
>>
>>55009927
Fantastically hairy people, aren't they
>>
>>55009904
It is.
>>
Don't all phones already have an emergency broadcast feature inbuilt? I live in a country with a lot of earthquakes and when there's tsunami alert all phones get a warning, it's not an app or a SMS, just an unavoidable popup with a very annoying sound
>>
File: 1449833571703.jpg (92 KB, 634x420) Image search: [Google]
1449833571703.jpg
92 KB, 634x420
>>55009875
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: 2016-06-10 08.16.25.png (123 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-10 08.16.25.png
123 KB, 750x1334
wait. iOS has a way for the government to send an emergency alert (e.g. amber alert, but also other stuff i guess) without the need for an app.

who the hell would go install an app in anticipation of a terror attack?
>>
Wow France very islamaphobic, like seriously? This is clearly just pure bigotry against terrorists.
>>
>>55009966
>who the hell would go install an app in anticipation of a terror attack?
It's a must for anyone that lives in the new Caliphate
>>
>>55010007
ur just mad because i got dub dub dub dub
>>
>>55009966
>amber alerts
>in the Caliphate of Europe

Wow way to be racist towards a man and his child bride.
>>
Link to app?
>>
>>55010033
what if his bride got kidnapped by another dude?

gotta raise all the alarms. if she gets defiled by another man then you'll have to kill her.

for her honor!
>>
>>55009904
This
>>
>>55009957
>go to hellfire
What if hellfire went to them?
>>
>>55010047
So you would like to let everyone know you erroneously allowed your 9 year old to leave your house? Shame on her for getting abducted but shame on you too.
>>
Dutch already have it, NL alert. It sends a broadcast signal over cell networks. Most phones have it set up out of the box.
>>
>>55010096
i mean someone could've entered the home while i was at a brothel having sex with other little girls.
>>
>>55010082
STOP BEING ISLAMOPHOBIC, JESUS
>>
>>55010113
stop projecting. I'm only anti-radicalist
>>
>>55010082
I hate war - I hate violence and death and the wastefulness.

But we are really fucking good at it, and I cannot deny that there is pride in being able to blow crowds of insurgents up from miles away.

I'm off to Liveleak...
>>
does it have the surrender feature implemented?
>>
>>55010238
No, but two people get to launch a warning of last resort, chosen at random daily.
>>
>>55010106
I'm glad that you have helped see see through all pertinent scenarios regarding this, anon. Godspeed wherever you may be celebrating Ramadan.
>>
File: 1465571479519.jpg (44 KB, 644x572) Image search: [Google]
1465571479519.jpg
44 KB, 644x572
>>55009875
THAT'S WHAT I HATE OUR """"""SOCIAL"""""" SOCIETY FOR!
They'd rather share something over twitter than talking directly to other people who don't use the app or don't own a """""""""SMART"""""""""-phone.

>inb4 poorfag, hurr he doesn't have a iFag device or a cuckdroid!

You shouldn't need a special snowflake hipster device to be warned, you know there are these things called sirens! They're pretty common for fire depts and well, amerifags know it best, WARNING THE CITIZENS FROM ATOMIC BOMBS?
Why not just use a method to warn EVERYBODY that doesn't require special technology on the side of the recipient?

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS EYES AND EARS!
NOT EVERYONE HAS A SMART-/CELLPHONE!!!
>>
>>55010103
It's called CellBroadcast and is used all over the world (for example in case of a tornado, earthquake tsunami etc).
>>
>>55010103
>>55013955
This. I get weather hazard alerts on my phone here in Amerikkka. App seems stupid.
>>
>>55013929
A siren has a limited range compared to an internet connected mobile device. People use smartphones for a lot of stupid shit but this isn't one of them. Also it's funny that you call people hipsters while you advocate against the use of technology to save lives on the technology board no less. Fucking shitposters man.
>>
>>55013992
>App seems stupid.
Well yes!
But technically the CellBroadcast (short it's CB) feature is also a piece of software implemented in the phone's OS so one could call it an "app" although I hate this word.
So again, Nobody without a cellphone would able to recieve this message, luckily analog radio stations still exist.
>>
>>55014058
>so one could call it an "app"
But one wouldn't in this context because one understands the difference.

>Nobody without a cellphone would able to receive this message
So? Nobody without a radio "would able to" receive an analogy radio station broadcast. The funny part is that the most convenient FM radio for me to use is my cell phone. At least what you said was good for a laugh.
>>
Or they could just legalize guns and self defense. See terrorist, shoot him. No more terrorist.
>>
>>55014050
>you call people hipsters while you advocate against the use of technology to save lives

Hipsters are dumb people who don't have the slightest idea of how the'r so called "Retro" tech works, because they use pseude retro technology, like a shitty transistor amplifier (there are good transistor amps, and NO I'M NOT AN AUDIOPHILE) inside a case that looks like a audiophile tube amp with fake tubes that are lit by an orange LED!
They are the ones who create bloated JS / jQuery websites.
They are the ones who bring shame to the word coding (who even invented this word)!

>to save lives
It's not automatically good because it's new and OH MY GOD IT'S AN APP!
I'm not against the use of this app, but I think we're heading for total disaster if the app is going to be the ONLY way people are warned.
In the future It'll be like this:
> have high income
> will be warned
> live

> have slightly lower income
> won't be warned
> die

> have no smartphone
> will imediately be shot for not obeying the system
>>
>>55014101
People without ears would able to not hear the radio or the siren!
>>
>>55014115
> see person with casio watch
> shoot
> go to prison because it was no terrorist
>>
>>55014162
And do you know how they lost their ears? TERRORISM. Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>55014213
>how they lost their ears?

Maybe they never had ears?
>>
>>55014115
>implying plebs know what actual terrorists look like

I had designed a PCB for a specific use in my car, it has wires running to a front panel switch and two potentiometers and is in a clear plexiglass case. It is not remotely dangerous but I don't want some dumbass shooting me because he thinks it's a bomb.

Armed citizens don't really know what an actual criminal is so they shoot anyone who looks vaguely suspicious. That is bullshit and not a society I want to live in.
>>
>>55014276
>I had designed a PCB for a specific use in my car, it has wires running to a front panel switch and two potentiometers and is in a clear plexiglass case.
Your car already has a clock, Ahmed. Put the screwdriver down.
>>
>>55014303
It's not a clock dumbass. It's an addon for the stereo. And by the way I'm white.

You're exactly the kind of person who should not own a gun since you are clearly too retarded to tell the difference between a bomb and regular electronics.
>>
>>55014367
>Don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>>55009875
>>>pol
>>
>>55014580
it's >>>/pol/ fagget!

also
>>>/out/
>>
>>55014392
Listen there's a difference between some shit thrown together on veroboard and shoved in a box to intentionally look suspicious and a PCB designed in orCAD and properly manufactured by a company and populated by myself. It looks no different from a PCB in any other commercial product and is mounted nicely to the plexiglass case. It's about as opposite from a bomb as you can get. It's just basically a few op-amps, loads of resistors and capacitors, and a few LED bars.

Even a complete pleb should understand it is non-threatening. If I got shot because you were a dumbass I'd have your ass in court on criminal charges so fast it'd make your head spin. You are obviously criminally retarded.
>>
>>55014593
fuck yourself mate
>>
File: Oe9Z1pI.jpg (239 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
Oe9Z1pI.jpg
239 KB, 816x612
>>55014641
Yeah this is having no impact on me joking around.
>>
>>55010082
>can't into hellfire

Neo-/g/ everybody
>>
>>55009875
They don't have amber alerts? I live in NYC and got one recently about a missing kid. Surely they would just use amber alerts instead right? I mean who the fuck downloads this?
>>
>>55009875
No need for apps, phones come with builtin alert systems now. I guess some french developer with connections to the government made some shekels
>>
>>55009875
This is a great idea, because they're going to have more and more as time goes on. I mean they wisely and nobly wish to be as non-racist as possible, so obviously they can't just stop letting sandniggers into their country, so this is the only logical solution, and it makes everyone happy, especially the invading barbarians. Well, mostly anyway. France does need to apologize to their guests for upsetting them in the first place. I mean these aren't Nazis (in name anyway) so you can't just go around doing things that they disapprove of, and think that shit will fly. It's extremely racist. These sandniggers have feelings and beliefs which must be given the highest consideration, and accommodation. If France isn't careful people are going to begin thinking they are more Like the Americans, than good, decent Europeans.
>>
>/pol/ discovers cell broadcast
>civilized countries develop ways to alert citizens of danger zones
>oh no it's the mudslims
pathetic

waiting for the day a flood/tornado/hurricane/huge ass storm blows away your home, and you start cursing at the evil mudslims that caused all of it
>>
>>55013929
Because an alert on your smartphone can tell you more information than a siren.

Also
>special snowflake hipster device
That's implying that smartphones aren't almost universal at this point. Hell, you can get a no contract smartphone for $20 or less these days. I only know one person who doesn't use a smartphone, and he's a bit off so he doesn't even really count.
>>
What about the Emergency Alert System that's already baked into every phone and uses cheap tech from 15 years ago to easily broadcast a terrorist attack to anyone with a cell phone?
>>
Well yes they put the 405th (Elite french like navy seals or brittish marines ) on high alert for the next month the blood transfusion hospitals have been stock piling france is ready i just hope shit dosnt hit the fan
>>
>>55009875
>thread is full of /pol/acks going on about Muslims
>very few are questioning why there needs to be an app for this when all cell phones that support SMS messages support alerts
>no one is questioning putting software developed by government agencies on your devices
Can /pol/ just get shut down for good?
>>
>>55009875
During the very bad wildfires we had here a few years back the police demonstrated the ability to mass send SMS warnings to people in the immediate area. It came as a surprise.
Troubes surfaced when those in most danger couldn't receive the messages because the fires interfered with the phone signals and some phone outfits wouldn't co-operate.
>>
>>55017762
>Can /pol/ just get shut down for good?
What? And we host them here?
>>
>>55018247
>And we host them here?
7 day bans for their shitposting should discourage most.
>>
>>55014276

>See suspicious looking guy
>Call police
>See guy with AK shooting people and screaming in Arabic
>Shoot him

It's not hard.
>>
>>55017762
bro, 4chan has always despised muslims
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.