[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the human race have to turn a perfectly fine distro into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: arch.png (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
arch.png
63 KB, 600x600
Why did the human race have to turn a perfectly fine distro into a fucking meme.
I wish i was born a bird, so I can shit upon the human race. Why?
>>
What's wrong with it
>>
>>55008359
meme
>>
>>55008359
Nothing. The problem is OP. He actually listens to 4chan and believes it translates to the real world
>>
>>55008354
Use whatever the fuck you want and stop caring about whether something is a "meme" or not. No backbone at all in this preteen OP.
>>
>>55008383
I despise memes.
>>
>>55008408
You are a living meme.
>>
>>55008383
I despise memes with an absolute passion.
It's scientifically proven that memes endorse retardation.
>>
>>55008354
There's nothing wrong with Arch, only salty cucks too dumb to use it
>>
>>55008429
Id hate to be annoying, but memes are probably annoying or even more. Who supports my course.
>>
>>55008354
Arch is the distro of discerning kernel developers such as Greg KH. It's only a meme if you use it to feel smart. Otherwise it's a fine distro to get work done.
>>
>>55008445
*equally
>>
>>55008354
nice meme famalam
>>
File: screenFetch-2016-05-31_06-59-10.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-05-31_06-59-10.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
The superior Arch
>>
Arch is for professionals who have mastered Linux
>>
>>55008354
Why not just install manjaro
>>
>anything popular on *chans or internet = meme

Why? And can we stop this somehow? It's getting on my nerves and I hate that word.
>>
File: 1462308259017.png (2 MB, 1223x4575) Image search: [Google]
1462308259017.png
2 MB, 1223x4575
>>55008354
Are we doing this again fatty?
>>
Arch fags were fine until their community was hit by hoards of newbie Linux users asking retarded things, saying retarded things, and drowning out worthwhile posts. That's when the us vs them elitism began. Since then, Arch got rid of their installer and added a Linux command captcha to weed out the most retarded users. But what they really want is the small knowledgeable Linux community they once enjoyed. The same thing happened to the Debian community but the ones in power wanted Debian to go mainstream.
>>
>>55011216
been using for arch for about a year know. Every time when I had a "problem" I consulted the wiki and if it didnt have the answers I asked on the forum with a proper description of my system including logs etc.
99% of the answers were helpful and solved my problem. At this point I think arch is literally the most easy to use distro AFTER the install and setup. I got interested in ubuntu and it was a fuckin hacked-together mess.Also repohunting is shit.
>>
>>55009240
switch to neofetch. its better in every way.
>>
Arch is an alright distro but I have three issues with it and its users.

>fucking asinine installation meant to teach users "the arch way" when in fact all they learn is proper formatting and mounting which they will only use upon their next arch installation

>retarded default configurations included in the packages that force people to have to tinker with EVERYTHING when 95% of it could be handled by a sane default config

>arch users that recommend it to linux noobs looking for their first distro that don't even understand the concept of package management, the filesystem, or how to navigate a command line
>>
>>55011385
Arch and Debian consider plain default config files to be "sane". This is a reason I prefer Ubuntu.
>>
>>55011385
i never understood why they cant use the debian-minimal installer for arch. Aside from forcing grub it does the same thing as the manual install for arch, and it can be paired with a manual install option. hell they could even make the manual default one.
>>
>>55011705
Then why don't you do it?
>>
>>55011705
The devs don't care, its users don't care, so why should they?
>>
>>55011705
Arch Developers are lazy, and writting installers is boring.
>>
>>55011705
>>55011821
Arch used to have an installer like Debian minimal. See
>>55011216
>>
>>55011754
to save everyones time for example. even if its 5 minutes. Also to keep it simple, stupid. I mean why waste peoples time on choosing their timezone when you can make a tickbox for it once and save thousands of hours spent on it for future people. Its not like you swap the timezone, hostname or locales or other stupid shit like this 10 times a day so you must know how to do this from CLI. Choosing the system font from a list with a preview would also be nice dont you think? Or is memorizing the best cli font that will look nice and have your specific characters the pro way to do it?
>>55011712
Im too tech illiterate to do it anon. But, i mean really cmon, do you enjoy manually mounting your newly created partitions , that you know are for use with the new system installaton every time? Is it a mantra or something , does it bring you inner peace?
>>
>>55011845
wow , thx i just lost all respect for arch now. They should literally join debian and create a sid security team or something like that so linux world could have a single good rolling distro availble for many architectures instead of wasting time on arch and autism.
>>
Nobody should use Arch for serious work
>>
>>55012188
why use it then? if you want to ""learn linux"" you can use gentoo or build linux from scratch
>>
>>55011938
>Im too tech illiterate to do it anon.
t. everyone who wants an installer
>>
>>55008354
nothing wrong with it.
It's a good distro with a lot of documentation.
>>
Everyone is complaining about these kind of threads, and I agree that they have no point at all, but somehow everyone keeps responding to them. Even if you can't help responding, could you please use the option sage (http://www.4chan.org/faq#sage) to prevent them to occupy half of the board?

Let these threads die at the last page where they belong, not on the first page when they reach maximum number of posts.
>>
>>55012328
>too retarded to make an installer
>just retarded enough to install and use arch linux
here you go.
>>
>>55011845
I know they used to have an installer. They dropped it because nobody cared.
>>
>>55008354
Arch is a great distro and has a solid wiki. I just prefer to use a Debian net install.
>>
File: 1406631699964.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1406631699964.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
ANTERGOS IS THE BST
>even has zfs
>arch can shut down nobody uses it
>>
>>55012627

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo
>>
Arch GNU/Linux is not a meme. A meme is an idea which spreads from person to person.

But Arch GNU/Linux is a very shitty operating system. I encountered a 3 year old GPG bug when i tried to install it.
>>
>>55011216
Lol no arch was always a psuedo elitest shit barge, get over yourself.
>>
>>55014283
Found the Debian user.
>>
>>55008354
Arch is literally 10/10, only Linux I'd ever install
>>
Arch is immature, Systemd, software anarchy compared to Gentoo.
>>
File: topkek.png (49 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
49 KB, 1920x1080
You faggots brought it on yourselves when you decided to act like elitests
>>
>>55017175
Like how gentoocucks did this to themselves?

I don't see mintfags being elitists. Because there is simply no elite user. I am not bashing on mint, I just am pointing out the difference between the average users of those distros
>>
>>55017299
Gentoo users are far more professional and respectable than Arch will ever be.
>>
>>55017503
>Respectable
>Professional
Yeah just look at the comments on the picture
>>
>>55017299
>I am not bashing on mint
Why not? Mint is a piece of shit meme distro that only got popular because installing MPEG drivers in Ubuntu was slightly more difficult ten years ago, leading people to mindlessly parrot "Mint is easier!" for the next decade, even after its one advantage disappeared.
>>
>>55017598
Cinnamon + Ubuntu - Piece of shit PPA.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.