[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headphone shorts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
I can't seem to get a pair of headphones that last me longer than about 3-6 months lately. Doesn't matter if they cost $10 or $50 because I consistently have the same issue.

I had a brand new pair of Apple Earpods that only lasted for about the last 3 months. After that, i borrowed a pair of Skullcandies from a friend of mine and they shorted out in the left ear after a single week.

Anybody have any recommendations or tips. (If you have earphone recommendations for new earphones, I don't use the giant earmuffs anymore and I needa marginally decent amount of base and overall audio quality.)
>>
>>55007871
Bluetooth
>>
get something with a removable cord
replace cord when it gets a short
>>
File: 1256362580294.jpg (9 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1256362580294.jpg
9 KB, 300x250
>>55007871

>Apple
Known for being shitty quality

>Skullcandies
A literal meme of a brand

>Uses shitty products
>Surprised when they die after a short time
>>
buy 3-4 pairs of rock zircon.
check it on youtube, /g/ archive and audiobudget if you want.
>>
>>55007905
I didn't even know they made those, but i'd need to know some good brands that do this because i currently know none.

>>55007894
My buddy keeps suggesting bluetooth headphones, but i hate that you need to charge them, plus, that makes them NOT useful for everything because there are a few devices that don't take bluetooth.
>>
Spend more than $50 on fucking headphones
>>
>>55007933
Okay, so then what's a good brand then?
The Apple earpods were free because my buddy had just gotten a new phone and didn't need the earpods.
I buy the Skullcandies because the audio quality is incredible
>>
The 'few devices' which don't support Bluetooth are irrelevant in purchasing if your device isn't one of them.
>>
>>55007942
I'll look into that. Thanks.

>>55007981
The most i'm willing to spend is $100, but $50 isn't exactly cheap. They should be better than that at that pricepoint. All my friends buy cheaper headphones half the time and they all get more duration out of them. One friend buys fucking Gummis for like $9 and they last him forever.
>>
I recommend Klipsh, aboveh Sensiher

Try the S3M's from Klipsh
>>
>>55008007
I guess you're right. I have a 5th Gen iPod, so it's not like I can't use bluetooth, but if i stumbled across something that couldn't, it'd be irritating to not have the flexibility.
>>
>>55008035
I'll definitely look into that too. Thanks.
>>
File: 1317188847573.jpg (16 KB, 470x312) Image search: [Google]
1317188847573.jpg
16 KB, 470x312
>>55007994
>I buy Skullcandies
>"because the audio quality is incredible"
>event thinking about bluetooth headphones

Oh, so you are a moron, gently fuck off.
>>
>>55008077
If you're gonna shitpost, at least assist me in not being a moron by making some suggestions. I'm perfectly willing to shop around.
>>
File: 1297301919441.jpg (47 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
1297301919441.jpg
47 KB, 719x720
>>55008127
You have fucking google at your fingertips, what the fuck do you need to ask in fucking /g/?, go be spoonfeed somwhere else, this ain't fucking consumer advice you little shit, fuck off.
>>
>>55008154
Wow. What a fucking autistic piece of shit. Are you so fucking retarded that you can't shitpost AND give ONE SINGLE BRAND SUGGESTION? Of course i can use google, but i wanted some suggestions to narrow down my search. You're the only one who seems to be too fucking autistic to do anything but shitpost. It wouldn't have been hard to just say, "You're fucking retarded, but try this brand since you're worthless". Damn, man
>>
>>55007871
Shure SE215
>>
>>55008305
Thank you for an actual suggestion
>>
1. Be careful with your possessions you dumb ape
2. Soundmagic E10 are quite durable. Simply well made. Sound quality is excellent for the price, too.
>>
>>55007871
OP, I have these ones >>55008305. Isolation and audio quality are amazing. The cord is super long, thick and resistant. I'm sure you aren't going to break it.
>>
>>55008328
I feel like I'm being careful, but I'm about to start being extra careful because it's getting ridiculous now. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

>>55008332
Good to hear a reinforcement to a suggestion. Definitely going to keep this pair in mind.
>>
File: IMG_20160610_162021.jpg (3 MB, 2400x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160610_162021.jpg
3 MB, 2400x3200
>>55008332
I have these for a year, one problem with these are ear straps. Maybe I was a little bit harsh with them but metal wire inside both straps is broken and it pierced each strap in the bending point (see pic). Doesn't make any difference though, plus I can buy another cable since it's detachable.
>>
Kz ate S
Rock zircon,

Like 14$ a piece and would last pretty long
>>
OP here,

I decided to go with Sennheiser S3Ms. Cost me about 50. Getting them in 2 days. Thanks to everyone for suggestions. I've got the other suggested brands saved for future reference, so i can experiment.
>>
>>55008032
9$ inears.... yeah my ass produce better audio replay than that kind of shit...

if you are not a poorfag just get ultimateears and feel the feel of never needing to buy an inear in your life again.
>>
>>55009216
if you want inears for around 50$ that last a really really long time and have "good" sound(if you can say that in that price category) get the SoundMagic E10(s (if you want a mic for your phone on it))
>>
Xiaomi Piston 2.
Been using mine for 1.5 years without a problem
>>
>>55007871
Stop being fucking retarded. My RE-0s have lasted me at least 5 years now, no issues.

When user error is the issue there is only so much that can be done by development.
>>
>>55009531
chink shit
>>>/out/
>>
>>55008831
strap them faggot, they should not breathe oxygen.
cut your nails too.
>>
>>55009531
>Xiaomi Piston 2.
bought two of them, they both broke within 3 months. the cable that is connected to the 3.5mm plug thing gets broken inside. the website i bought them on said user error, fuck them too.
the sound quality was great though.
>>
File: HTB1h9JRIXXXXXaRXVXXq6xXFXXXp.jpg (32 KB, 750x449) Image search: [Google]
HTB1h9JRIXXXXXaRXVXXq6xXFXXXp.jpg
32 KB, 750x449
Who /KZ-ATE/ here?
>>
>>55009882
It's not audio wire, it's just reinforcement to ear strap so it remains in shape. Rest of the wire is without this silicone shit
P.S. I can't scratch my balls without these nails.
>>
>>55009973
waiting for kz ate s, rock zircon and kz ie80 to arrive in the mail.
>>
>>55010023
Where did you order them from? Got mine from Gear Best so i know they're not fake
>>
>>55007871
stop ass-raping your headphones m80
>>
>>55010037
aliexpress, looking at the feedbacks/images.
i can give you the links if you want.
>>
>>55010064
sure give link
>>
File: h2XHzMc.jpg (70 KB, 733x774) Image search: [Google]
h2XHzMc.jpg
70 KB, 733x774
>>55007933
>>55008077
>>55008154
Damn not him but you are one autistic faggot kys
>>
>>55010072
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ATE-Copper-Driver-Ear-Hook-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphone-Sport-Headphones-For-Running-With-Foam/32337313320.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-KZ-IE80-KZ-IE80-Ie800-Super-Bass-DIY-Metal-Earphone-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earbuds/32526167083.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-Rock-Earphone-Nano-Zircon-Stereo-Earphone-Headset-3-5mm-In-Ear-Headset-Earbuds-For/32497600045.html

protip: if you are thinking of buying something, add it to your basket but wait for a day. the chinks sometimes see that it's in your basket and give you some discount to encourage.
>>
>>55007871
I had the re400 by hifiman
>after using them around the ear for a while they got permanently curved in the close-to-the-earbud zone
>right earbud started cracking sound after not even 2 months
>left one, the cable opened near the earbud and the hole kept getting wider
>left earbud significantly wider than right one since a while ago
>right one, another tear opened at the base of the cable, got wider and killed right earbud

Now I dont know if I want to get the momentum in ear (80ish €) or just spend 30 bucks on a pair of CX300ii.
They're all so not durable.
I'm debating getting bluetooth ones but I'm sure I would lose them and they cost too much
>>
I acutually LIKE the earpods, decent enough quality as im not an autistic audiophile and they fit very nicely with my ears, so fucking comfy compared to all that IEM faggot shit

also way comfier than normal earbuds, fuck all you cum guzzling iem faggots
>>
I had a pair of 15$ sony in-ear that lasted me 2 years before shorting.
Now I got a pair of xiaomi piston 3, cable look sturdy but I hate there's a microphone.
>>
>>55010220
RE400 construction is notoriously frail. You bought the the wrong thing if you were concerned about durability.
Something like the ATH-IM50 is noticeably more rugged.

LG HBS-900 and 910 are decent wireless sets if they are in your price range. Things like the Jaybird X2 and Sony SBH80 present an alternative with more bass.
>>
>>55010405
they were the best price/quality on here http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/
I dont like those wireless ones, the only good ones are the jaybirds but they cost a shitton.
I'm considering just getting the cx300ii for 30 bucks, they're ok and I am not that high maintenance in the audio department
>>
A little bit of common sense effort will a long way with cheap headphones

( $50 is cheap, pleb )

> don't screw up headphones and put them in your fucking pocket
> don't yank the fucking cable out of your ears, just hold the ear bud like a non-degenerate
> give the cord a little bit of slack when you're keeping the phone in your pocket ( or iPod it you're a faggot ) to prevent any unesecary strain

Bluetooth headphones are pretty much universally shit at the moment, but if you're willing to feel like shrek is pushing his powerful ogre hands into your skull every time you listen, try a pair of bone-conduction earphones. They don't have cables to break
>>
>>55010405 the CX300ii's are good, they're not anything special audio wise, in fact I think Klipsch's cheaper S3m's are better, but they're solid if you don't mind shit bass
>>
>>55007994
Sennheiser cx300-ii are in your price range. Mine have been very durable and lightweight
>>
OP if your'e still here, recommend this

https://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Reference-Flagship-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B0133ACE8O

i been using it nonstop for the past 5 months of ownership, never had an issue with it and always use it for jogging/gym.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.