[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Python vs Ruby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Just completed semester 1 of computer science, and we used python 2.7 for my introduction to programming course.

I already have a few years of programming experience thanks to you, /g/, and I also went in thinking python was kind of gay. But now I find myself knowing how I would do something in Python, and that version 3 isn't all that bad.

Anyone wanna redpill me on Ruby? One advantage I see of ruby right off teh bat is backwards compatibility, code you write in ruby will run in older versions of ruby, and it seems to have a more cohesive design, and better support for muh functional.
>>
Python us backwards compatible except for the 2.x to 3.x switch
>>
please stop the language wars. appreciate or hate a language for what it is in the context of language design in general. each has its use and there is no best language out there.
>>
Ruby is a cool language and very easy to use

Try out both to make a decision though
>>
They're both ENTERPRISE shit for nu male faggots

enjoy your webdev position I guess
>>
>>55006702
Fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>55006677
is Ruby commonly pre-installed on operating systems like Python is on OS X and Linux?
>>
>>55006343
the one time i need a tripfag and he never shows up.

Ruby, where u at
>>
Perl masterrace
But both are cool
>>
>>55007874
Yes ruby is also preinstalled on linux and OS X.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.