[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, what of this? Was just in a forum and came across this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1305453662547.jpg (23 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
1305453662547.jpg
23 KB, 400x294
Hey, what of this?
Was just in a forum and came across this

>paste
A secondary solution is to go into the bios and set the PICE slot of the card to run at 8x instead of 16x. You may scoff at this notion but please allow me to explain why this is legitimate.

The mother board I run, is an EVGA Z97 Classified which is capable of running a 4-way SLi. and it can also run two cards at 16x if desired. Initially, I had my card set in this manner but I began to notice a heat and noise problem and the cards would alternate on which card was getting super hot. I ended up contact EVGA and NVidia for a solution and they both explained to me that for an SLi setup, the cards require an 8x solution. They can utilize 16x but the cards only use 8 lanes. They also elaborated on a single card setup and they said that even a single car runs best at 8x. Essentially, all NVidia cards are designed to run at 8x. Taking their advice, and switching my board to run the cards at 8x, my issues all went away. I have no more heat problem, my fans barely run and the cards seem to balance the work load better.

Proof to the above is that if I run 3Dmark, my cards can achieve greater than 2000 FPS on the bottom three tests and I achieve this result no matter if they are at 16x or at 8x. The only difference between either setting is that the cards don't get as hot in 8x. There is also no difference in performance between 16x and 8x settings.
>/paste
>>
File: 1309754951162.jpg (40 KB, 604x499) Image search: [Google]
1309754951162.jpg
40 KB, 604x499
>>
Best cpu you can fit into z97 is i7-4690k afaik and it only has 16 pcie lanes usable in combination of 2x8 or 8+2x4. I doubt he could fit it with 4 way sli.
>>
this post is stupid wrong and i REFUSE to try it if you want to try it YOU are a faggot NOT me now everyone in this thread that considered it KYS asap
>>
>>55006427
>no fun allowed
>>
File: i_sort_of_want_680.jpg (39 KB, 237x301) Image search: [Google]
i_sort_of_want_680.jpg
39 KB, 237x301
>>55006427
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.