[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are function keys deprecated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: k.jpg (111 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
111 KB, 800x601
Are function keys deprecated?
>>
>>55003025
Nobody uses function keys but rapey sweaty nerds.
>>
Of course not, they're great when you run out of easy to remember emacs key bindings.
>>
>>55003048
This
>>
>>55003025
>gotta press FN to activate function keys
>they'll call it "ADVANCED MODE" to scare away normal people
>no software will use function keys anymore
>I won't be able to use ctrl+alt+F1 to change ttys anymore
>people will make fun of me for wanting such a feature
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>55003125
Real shame that you're being forced to buy the new MacBook.
>>
>>55003125
you know you can change that right?
I have it so brightness and sound is FN+[button]
>>
At work, our timesheet website requires us to the use the minus key on the keypad. You can't use the one next to zero or paste a dash character in.

It's written by retards who use Excel. Kill me know.
>>
Honestly, I'm surprised apple hasn't made the entire keyboard a touchscreen yet.

It would eliminate their keytravel problem because you could make the keyboard mechanism as thin as the display is, and it would only be marginally worse than the current butterfly mechanism which is basically like tapping on a screen anyway.
>>
File: keyer.png (258 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
keyer.png
258 KB, 480x480
well since keyboards are deprecated, I'd say yes, function keys are too
>>
>spotify not in the dock
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>55003025
That concept would be nice if they added force touch to the OLED bar.
>>
>>55003295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SFeCgoep1c
>>
File: 1440128397642.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440128397642.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>55003025
When you can't innovate, imitate. :^)
>>
>>55003071
proves
>>55003048
>>
>>55003322
okay autism, chill out. just go bite on a block of wood until your tantrum subsides.
>>
>>55003154
Good. Eliminates TKL/65% nerds.
>>
>>55003656
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
Got a 60% keyboard. Just use them in some rare cases for ncurses GUIs like htop
>>
>>55003025
What the fuck.

Without the F# keys I'll lose a shit ton of important shortcuts for Cinema 4D.
>>
>>55003025
>Are function keys deprecated?
No, that's just a laptop with a broken keyboard.
>>
>>55003025
So are they gonna add another 500 bucks because it has shit like this?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.