[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone /ccna/ or better here? Is it worth it? I'm in college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ccna.png (6 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
ccna.png
6 KB, 512x512
Anyone /ccna/ or better here? Is it worth it?

I'm in college and I want to get a career in networking shit, will this help me get a job, or is it just a scam and no employers care?
>>
Its good if u want to know how network is working
>>
>>54998615

>> india
>>
it's fine op. any learning and certification is good. IT certs are a fucking racket as the expectation is that corporations will pay for them, but it's sort of a necessary evil and can possibly pay off real well for you
>>
>>54998398
OP, I can assure you that businesses need networking. Enterprises need networking. Achieving a CCNA is probably better than a college degree IMO
>>
>>54998398
I'm half awake right now but I'm a CCNP/CCDP taking the IE written on Tuesday; conveniently I work for Cisco proper in the US. Ask any questions you want, but here's the brief.

I got my NA, started work for Cisco straight out of college at 60k/yr. Year later I was 120k, 4 months later 150k. I'm a systems engineer and love basically every day of my work. I deal with a lot of dumb and frustrating and politics to be real, but there's a very real air of power to it and when you're good at design people trust you.

I have a BA from a state college, it means roughly nothing other than 'four year degree.'
>>
File: 1462804524885.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462804524885.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
>>54998398
yea its worth it I would say. I landed a job with no experience and no degree paying 60k /year when I got my CCNA. CCIE now, making around 300k / year doing consulting
>>
>>55000282
What partner?
>>
I couldn't pass it, not being able to skip and go back to questions is quite literally counter to every test taking guide in the history of forever.
I failed on time.
>>
Is there a point is getting the CCNA if you've already gotten your Network+ ?
>>
>>55000608
Yes.
>>
>>54998398
Yeah, when I finished mine the local headhunters came out of the woodworks. I got offers ranging between 32-38k a year, which is admittedly low for this area but it's a far sight better than what a fucking McJob pays.
>>
if i wanted to test a socks chain or mini-tor net, could i just fire up a bunch of small linux virtual machines, load the proxy software on each then test live connections to a mock server from a mock client? i could run the server/client on the host machine and test for leaks using wireshark, but would i run into networking problems? what i mean is would i need real networking like bgp or could i get away with ip address assignment and some basic dns entries?
>>
>>55000608
>N+
>CCNA
The CCNA is way more difficult and sought after than the N+

N+ is entry level networking
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.