[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am being imprisoned for cannabis soon. I will have access to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
I am being imprisoned for cannabis soon. I will have access to the internet but do not know the restrictions. Is there anyway I can create wiki pages myself with ebooks I want to study inside that I will not have access? Wiki will probably be clear.

I do not know how fast people check uploads to there. Any experts about? I would delete the pages when I am finished.
>>
Host your own site
>>
>>54997650
I wont access though to any domain probably but I am not sure either.
>>
I am still here :( Surprised no replies.
>>
Would you be able to create an account on Wikipedia?

I'm not super familiar with the rules there, but couldn't you do this on a userpage?
>>
>>54999223
Im still a free man and I was hoping to compile the books I wanted on there before I went inside. I am trying to do it on a userpage now myself, converting ebooks to plain texts and pasting it. Dont know how long it would last if i saved it though before another user deleted it for copyright.
>>
>>54999291
What if you encoded the content of the books, then used JavaScript to decode them via the facility's internet browser? Still not sure how long it would last by sheer volume of content though.
>>
>>54999408
What an excellent idea! Me either. I would love a wiki expert to chime in. Love the idea though.
>>
People still go to jail for weed?
>>
>>54997643
were are you from? maybe we can find something about the restrictions.
>>
>>54999445
They do when they were caught with kgs of it yes unfortunately. I am in big trouble but its my first offense.
I am still looking at 1-3 years unfortunately. I am hopeful to develop a method to put books up for me to read, mainly programming books that i cant get through the shitty prison library. I want to show my brother how to put up the books then if I need them.

I am using nitro pdf to convert the books to plain text using its ocr feature. It works well.
>>
>>54999475
Ireland. I cant find anything myself but internet in prisons is entirely new here. There is very little information.
>>
>>54999494
So what exactly is this premium prison you're going with Internet access? What country are you from?
>>
>>54999520
>>54999508
Its restricted internet and I do not know how restricted it is. Its all very new there. I assume wiki will be open though.
>>
>>54999576
You can't just use Google Drive?
>>
>>54999625
Do not know if it will be restricted or not. I am assuming wiki will be open.
>>
>>54999647
You could just find some super obscure file sharing site and hope they haven't blocked it. Upload them on a bunch of sites incase one is blocked.
>>
>>54999715
It still would be logged I assume by a monitoring system where as wiki will be more covert. I am going on the assumption that all sites are blocked and only a few are open to view.

I would upload them to my own webserver if it was open.
>>
>>54997643
What state/country OP?
>>
In the United States, Internet is strictly monitored in jails, and you won't have access to a shitton of websites, including self-hosted ones.

I think an option might be the Gutenberg Library. Probably not the books you want, but the books you need.
>>
>>54997643
>>54999508
PrisonCloud has already been presented to people from Mexico, Ireland, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada ...
couldn't read the rest.. facebook link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIFAtAM-nF4

most likely this is the shit you're going to get
>>
>>54999797
>>54999508

>>54999798
Yes, I have been thinking about that site. Thank you :)

>>54999810
Where did you find this information anon? :)
>>
Hey OP

Look at archive.org or the Internet archive. There's loads of ebooks
>>
File: prisoncloud.jpg (20 KB, 693x124) Image search: [Google]
prisoncloud.jpg
20 KB, 693x124
>>54999821
facebook com/Prisoncloud/
>>
>>54999854
They will absolutely not allow access to archive.org. Most commercial web filters classify it as a web proxy, even though it's just a cache.
>>
>>54999854
excellent idea if its not filtered by their software. I forgot about archive. Thanks.

>>54999876
Love it. I don't know how you came across that but thank you! I can at least do some research on it now.
>>
File: banaman_4_backstab.png (201 KB, 672x644) Image search: [Google]
banaman_4_backstab.png
201 KB, 672x644
>>54999715
You're also assuming that they don't operate on some kind of whitelist system only allowing websites that they allow manually by domain name and IP ranges.
>>
>>54999901
I am assuming its going to be a whitelist otherwise it opens them up where as with a whitelist they have some control.
>>
>>54999876
thank you again anon. appreciate it who ever you are.
>>
I have to go to bed, but I will leave this thread open if any one else has suggestions. Ill read them tomorrow for sure.

Thanks for the JavaScript tip (even though JS maybe disabled) and also prison cloud. Appreciate it all.
>>
>>54999810
That's pretty cushy.
>>
>>54997643
State or federal. Cause of its federal you're not getting on a computer.
>>
>>54997643
fucking degenerate druggie loser
I hope u get raped
>>
>>55000285
No PC in cells though so only 4 or 5 hours access max a day.

>>55000295
>>54999508
>>
>>55000300
ebin
>>
>>54997643
Criminal scum have highly restricted access to Internet, you may have better luck requesting access to sites like codecademy and similar shit. You will have to lift weights in there tho, and get homemade tattoos expressing life's pain and sorrow, you will also have join a gang just to survive, be mentaly prepared for taking someone out to prove yourself. On your first day knock someone out just prove you ain't there to be fucked with. Also start shoving a dildo up your ass now to make life easier later in prison.
>>
>>55000300
Cry more. Enjoy getting sloshed this weekend on your legal drug.

>>55000324
Id kek but I've heard this shit a million times from others.
>>
Why jail for cannibus? This is a waste of my tax money just fucking legalize it already
>>
>>54997643
When they ask you what your religion is day that your native American. If you say your native American you'll get to smoke during certain ceremonies.
>>
>>55000342
I don't do "legal" drugs either. The only "drug" I need is G-d, I'll be at temple this Saturday, not some scumbag "party" destroying my body.
>>
>>55000402
Do you enjoy offee and/or soda?
>>
>>55000442
Yes, but only if it's decaf/caffeine free.
>>
>>55000457
What about sugar and/or artifical sweeteners?
>>
>>54997643
>mfw some petty thief inmate managed to crack the prison network at a local jail close to where i live and he even had access to the cameras
amazing what you can learn with a lot of free time and nothing else to do
>>
>>55000493
No, I only use authentic sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup
>>
>>55000402
You dont have to destroy your body if you use moderation or low dose. Nothing wrong with abstaining either. Not a big deal.
>>
>>54999494
>1-3 years
yikes
hopefully you only stay in there for a few months
>>
>>55000515
Druggy
>>
>>54997643
A 64gb micro-usb up the pooper looks like your only option m8
>>
>>54997643
>I will have access to the internet

lol wow; neets will be lining up to commit murder if they knew they could just get free internet just by going to jail.
>>
I remember this from leddit
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.