[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /g/ make use of their task scheduler, or similar automated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ts.png (61 KB, 260x384) Image search: [Google]
ts.png
61 KB, 260x384
Does /g/ make use of their task scheduler, or similar automated scheduler for whatever fucking OS you use.

For me, I use it for a few things.

1. I have a task set to run each day that syncs the system clock on my HPTC to ensure the clock doesn't drift away from the real current time

2. I have a task scheduled to lock my encrypted drives once everyday.

3. I have a task to run at boot to start a program with elevated admin privs.

What do you use task scheduler for?
>>
install gentoo
>>
No, because I'm not a pedophile and/or an autist
>>
>>54993791
>his clock drifts away
hahaha
>>
>>54993818
Just because someone encrypts theirs drives doesn't make them a pedo you dumb fuck.

My drives are encrypted in case some fucktwat breaks into home and steals my PC.
>>
>>54993791
On some of my Windows devices, I use it to start processes that refuse to start otherwise, and kill processes on shutdown that hang/freeze and cause that stupid "Waiting for programs to stop" screen to appear. Just fucking kill them already.
>>
>>54993818
Using a task scheduler makes you a pedo?
>>
>>54993963
being pedo makes you use a task scheduler
>>
>>54993791
>I have a task set to run each day that syncs the system clock on my HPTC to ensure the clock doesn't drift away from the real current time
Does Windows not do this automatically? The fuck?
>>
>>54994014
Of course it does. It's done so for decades. I don't know why OP feels the need to do it. He probably disabled the automatic NIST sync or something.
>>
>>54994014
For me it doesn't, and when the time gets out of sync it really fucks with an HTPC since scheduled shows will not record on time.

I have no clue what might be the problem causing the time drift, but simply setting up a task to re-sync the clock daily works for now.
>>
>>54994057
If you don't resync the time ever hour, you're doing it wrong.
You fucking cucks always let your clocks get off.
There's a reason you shouldn't go without an atomic watch.
>>
>>54994057
it's because you didn't install a OS that would actually let you debug this shit
>>
>>54994124
Nah, it's probably something fucked on my mobo. It's easier just to set a task to resync everyday than troubleshoot it.
>>
>>54994147
>Mobo can't keep track of time
Please tell me you at least replaced the CMOS battery...
>>
>>54994147
yes, just like housefires are caused by icecubes
>>
>>54993791
Yes, I have a lisp script set to run every morning that runs through any screenshots I took the previous night and places them into appropriate directories based off the name of the series/movie/etc. name from the dilemma filename, creating it if necessary. I got tired of manually setting the screenshot directory every time I wanted to watch something else and take a screenshot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.