[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MaruOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: maruos-2.jpg (92 KB, 680x353) Image search: [Google]
maruos-2.jpg
92 KB, 680x353
Nexus 5 confirmed greatest phone ever.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/MaruOS-is-like-Continuum-for-Android-turns-the-Nexus-5-into-a-Linux-computer_id81991

Run android on the phone and seamlessly switch to Debian GNU/Linux when plugged into an external monitor. Future incoming.
>>
That is really cool, might just create one device for everything.
>>
>>54993899
*rummages through your trash*
>>
>>54993899
Holy shit, didnt you leave already faggot? Nobody fucking likes you namefag.
>>
>>54993899
OMG its <3 square square CUTE=TOMATO square square <3

I LOVE this guy! he makes clever points and always gives HILARIOUS reaction images

this post might sound ironic or sarcastic but it is in fact 100% serious. i'm almost autistic-fanlike of this guy as that guy on /sp/
>>
>>54993899
can I get an autograph
>>
>>54994083
h-he replied to me!! BEST. DAY. EVAR!!!
>>
>>54994083
habbening
>>
>>54993789
I'm surprised this wasn't done sooner.
>>
Maru! Ola! Zura!
>>
File: 853.jpg (26 KB, 445x266) Image search: [Google]
853.jpg
26 KB, 445x266
My dick is motherfucking diamonds. Hopefully it'll get Marshmallow support soon and the ability to choose your own distro. Ive been waiting for a decent implementation of this for years.
>mfw usb type C becomes ubiquitous
>mfw every computer will come with biometric security and FDE by default
Nexus 5 confirmed best phone ever made, pushing boundaries of what can be done on a 5 inch screen. Too bad it's sequel sucks
>>
>>54995810
Shut your whore mouth, the Nexus 6 is fine.
>>
>>54995916
the sequel is the 5x you moron
>>
>>54995916
The 6 is fine, but the screen size makes me consider it not a true successor. The 5X is an abomination.

Also not a fan is the rear fingerprint reader, I wish more manufacturers when the Sony route and placed it in the lock button.
>>
>>54993899
>pissMessage
>>
File: 18332450436.jpg (93 KB, 414x414) Image search: [Google]
18332450436.jpg
93 KB, 414x414
>>54995810
>biometric security
>>
>>54993789
When you can't innovate, imitate. :^)
>>
>MaruOS
Love Live is now officially /g/ related
post Maru-chan
>>
>>54996499
Literally more secure than any password could ever be. The only way it could be any more secure is if the Note 6 makes front facing iris scanners ubiquitous and we get two step verification.
>>
>>54996550
How is it more secure than any password again?
>>
>>54996607
Can't be bruteforced, keylogged, and with the addition of iris scanning, can't be impersonated. Plus, it helps normies who use shit like p@$$word keep their user accounts much more secure.
>>
File: 960.jpg (21 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
21 KB, 960x540
>>54996647
It's just an interface, of course it can be brute forced, maybe no one hasn't invented a brute forcing technique yet but it's not impossible.
Your fingerprints and irises can be keylogged, with a camera mind you.
http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/12/politicians-fingerprint-reproduced-using-photos-of-her-hands/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVivA0eoNGM
>>
>>54996837
Bruteforcing wouldn't be viable for something as random and arbitrary as a fingerprint, but keylogging via image capture is a understandable concern, but mostly for notable people or direct targets. Requiring a passcode upon boot is a must, regardless of the user type. Even then, it really depends on how it's implemented, for instance, a fingerprint reader could have an integrated vitality sensor that checks for obstructions and a heartbeat or an iris scanner could just require you blink, I doubt it'll be something as simple as face unlock. As compelling as your point is, that still doesn't matter for the majority of people leading normal loves that would benefit from essentially having one password.
>>
>>54996837
There is also this
http://time.com/3558936/fingerprint-password-fifth-amendment/
>>
>>54997136
Another example of technology outpacing the law, now I can see some genuine concerns. How about this, hypothetically speaking if phones of the near future were to
>Require a password at boot and for recovery or access to their respective accounts (Apple ID, Google, etc.)
>Incorporate two step verification with biometrics such as a heart rate monitor in the fingerprint scanner or iris scanning that also checks for pupil movement
>generates a cryptographically secure password for each service the user signs up for and allow access instead of using the fingerprint itself as a password (that way fingerprint keylogger wouldn't be feasible outside of phones)
>have the device itself and the list of generated passcodes encrypted by default
Would this be an ideal solution?
>>
>>54993789
That's cool and all, but phones still can't compete with even laptops as far as power goes.
>>
>>54997583
wut
>>
>>54993789
>no native linux as a secondary boot option
fuck this frankenstein shit
>>
>>54997613
Let me dumb it down.

It's going to be a slow piece of shit just like yourself.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.