[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hpg/ - Headphone General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13
File: Chapolin Headphones 01.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Chapolin Headphones 01.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
-- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/hjHkKDyM

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.
Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread: >>54955313
>>
File: K7XX.png (477 KB, 1326x716) Image search: [Google]
K7XX.png
477 KB, 1326x716
Pic related, in case you guys are not aware.
>>
Against the advice of the 4 people that told me not to buy the Fidelio X2 here I went ahead and bought them. I've had them for about 3 months and I can say I'm very happy with my purchase.
>>
>>54993026
eat shit and die
>>>/mu/
>>
>>54993087
>$649.99 MSRP
my sides
>>
File: 1354592464247.jpg (860 KB, 600x974) Image search: [Google]
1354592464247.jpg
860 KB, 600x974
>>54993112
If the topic was music, yes, just has the topic on desktop threads was usually visual aesthetics instead of technology behind it, the topic on /HPG/ however is headphones, it usually involves discussions about measurements, frequency responses, built quality, amplification etc, which, you guess it, is /g/.

Deal with it.
>>
>>54993087
Are the K7XX a meme? I heard they are china made k702. K702 costs the same as it would cost to import k7xx to Europe anyways.

That $649.99 MSRP is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>54993548
k702 is made in China as well.
>>
>>54993857
You're right. So what the hell is the difference between the K7XX and K702?
>>
Someone in the previous thread recommended the Beyerdynamic dt250 for a neutral sound for listening to classical music (thank you for the recommendation). How would the Beyerdynamic dt770 compare in regards to sound neutrality and suitability for classical music? Part of the appeal with the dt770 appears to be the sound isolation as well.
>>
>>54993957
Besided being cheaper than Amazon's K702? I believe K7xx has meamory foam pads, K702 has regular pads.
>>
Do you prefer good IEMs over good headphones?
>>
>Budget
$20-40
>Location
US
>Source
Ipod Touch 6th Gen
>Preferred type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
Fairly comfortable cause I constantly listen to music
>Preferred tonal balance
IDK
>Preferred music
Queens of the Stone Age, Tool, Foster the People, The Cure
>Past headphones
shit Apple earpod
>>
File: hpg.jpg (802 KB, 2160x1440) Image search: [Google]
hpg.jpg
802 KB, 2160x1440
>>54995045
Yes. Good headphones needs AMP to power it, leaving a mark on your hair and usually beaten by speaker at same price level anyway.
>>
Having trouble understanding resistance as it applies to my situation.

My current amp is an old school Yamaha RX-300U which lists as 8 ohm output per channel. It's perfectly fine for driving my Wharfedale Vladus 100's, my JVC rx700's, and my ATH M50's as they all have relatively low impedance. I'm looking at getting a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros and am wondering if I would need to get better amp as well.
>>
>>54995095
>Good headphones needs AMP to power it
blatant misinformation
>>
>>54995110
Thanks, because surely Xiaomi Mi2note can power hd600 easily.
>>
Got a used shp9500 for 90$ CAD and and an audioengine d1 for 120$
How'd I do?
>>
>>54995065
Kys
>>
>>54995235
thanks for the help, faggot
>>
>>54995145
you're making the terrible assumption that a headphone that needs an amp is magically 'good' because it's difficult to drive.

also an iphone has no problem with the hd600, unless the mi2note is extremely lacking in output power why wouldn't it be able to?
>>
Are there any soundcards that offer a good DAC and Amp, but also has Dolby Headphone?
I currently use a Xonar DG to drive my headphones.
>>
>Budget
50$
>Location
South America
>Source
PC
>Preferred type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter
>Preferred music
I listen to classical piano exclusively nowadays but I might occasionally listen to djent or fusion jazz. Also will be using this for gaming
>Past headphones
Nothing worth mentioning. What I had broke pretty quickly but I made it last longer than it should, so hopefully I can get something durable
>>
File: audiogear.png (761 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
audiogear.png
761 KB, 1080x1920
Thinking about getting an open-back over ear while I wait for my HiFiMAN HE-350 to ship /hpg/.

$500
Australia
Laptop/Computer via FiiO E10K
Over-ear/open-back
Flat/reference signature
Wide variety (from world music to heavy metal to EDM)
Have been mostly an IEM kinda guy until recently.
>>
Hello audio lover =)
i would just thank you all for advice me to buy an hd598
i have recieved today and it awesome !
>>
File: WAKEMEUP.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
WAKEMEUP.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
Looking for IEMs

Up to 40 euros

Please don't say Pistons 3 and any other chink shit
>>
Is there a huge difference between closed cans from the $100 to $500 range?
>>
>>54996077
>paying $50 for a foam mod and an ugly color scheme
lmaoing @ your life
>>
Could someone redpill me on the Audio Technica M50x's?

They've gotten a great reception across the board but I want /g/'s opinion before I order them.
>>
Need to buy a pair of in-ear headphones, by today (which means retail only)

what's a decent brand i should still to that will be available in standard stores?
aus btw ($100-200limit)
sorry if this thread is only for proper headphones
>>
>>54996843
Foam mod as opposed to what? What would you buy instead? Cereal question
>>
File: hpg.png (2 MB, 1446x958) Image search: [Google]
hpg.png
2 MB, 1446x958
>>54996843
>ugly color scheme

But black as my soul edition exists.
>>
File: red_by_soft_h-d9o0pcq.jpg (118 KB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
red_by_soft_h-d9o0pcq.jpg
118 KB, 1095x730
I need a recommendation for a good, inexpensive pair of bluetooth on-ears. I go out running and so eardildos are out and wires are a pain in the ass.
>>
File: sennheiser_hd558_598_05.jpg (132 KB, 505x854) Image search: [Google]
sennheiser_hd558_598_05.jpg
132 KB, 505x854
>>54997052
>Foam mod as opposed to what?
hd 558
>>
>>54993957
the k7xx has a TINY bit more nass.

Better off getting the k712 if that kind of thing interests you, it has actual bass and sub bass and memory foam pads that are even better than the 7xx ones apparently
>>
>>54995823
HD600.

Let me know if the HE-350's are any good. I would order them if you compared the HD600.
>>
File: Setup (second version).png (2 MB, 1617x723) Image search: [Google]
Setup (second version).png
2 MB, 1617x723
>>54996843
Isn't he the Anon who paids 100 bucks for the HD598 though?
>>54997074
Really? I like the color, although i preffer gray stuff.
>>
>>54998218
How is the the 880 compared to the MDR-V6? I've been thinking about grabbing a pair.
>>
Anybody here mod their headphones? I've got some porta pros that I think I'll do the Kramer mod to.
>>
File: 038.jpg (1 MB, 3124x1910) Image search: [Google]
038.jpg
1 MB, 3124x1910
>>54998926
For me it felt very natural as an upgrade, the DT880's FR is not so different that i had any trouble adapting or going back and forth, V6 is a bit brighter and since it has more mids too it may sound a little colder than the Beyer, the Beyer on the other hand will put vocals a bit further away from you, but not enough that it's a problem.
Worth to mention that the DT is much more comfortable and much less portable.
Stage isn't great for an open back imho, but it certainly is when compared to the V6.
Used both for production and they never failed me.
>>
>Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Fuck your shit, I've provided plenty of advice in audio threads, I've earned this.

I'm looking to get my mom new headphones and I'd be curious if /g/ has any opinions. Some years ago I gave her my old HD600s but they developed the infamous cable issue. Aside from that, she loved them.

She's old (early 70s), and just so you guys now, old people tend to lose HF sensitivity, so, all else equal something with an exaggerated HF emphasis wouldn't be so bad.

Mostly classical listening, especially small ensembles (quartets or piano/string soloist), from a laptop. Relatively low noise environment. I'm not averse to getting her an inexpensive USB DAC like the UCA202 to clean up noise, but an actual amp would be overkill, I think. Comfort is a high priority, so circumaural would be preferable.

Budget is $100-200. Looking very closely at the Beyerdynamic 770 32 ohm. I've got AKGs and I like them, but they're a little flat and I suspect something with a bit of a frequency smile would be better for her elderly eardrums.

Thoughts?
>>
>>54993026
Fuck your shit, I've provided plenty of advice in audio threads, I've earned this.

I'm looking to get my mom new headphones and I'd be curious if /g/ has any opinions. Some years ago I gave her my old HD600s but they developed the infamous cable issue. Aside from that, she loved them.

She's old (early 90s), and just so you guys now, old people tend to lose HF sensitivity, so, all else equal something with an exaggerated HF emphasis wouldn't be so bad.

Mostly classical listening, especially small ensembles (quartets or piano/string soloist), from a laptop. Relatively low noise environment. I'm not averse to getting her an inexpensive USB DAC like the UCA202 to clean up noise, but an actual amp would be overkill, I think. Comfort is a high priority, so circumaural would be preferable.

Budget is $10-20. Looking very closely at the Beyerdynamic 770 32 ohm. I've got AKGs and I like them, but they're a little flat and I suspect something with a bit of a frequency smile would be better for her elderly eardrums.

Thoughts?
>>
>>54999626
I don't understand this
>>
>>54999585
>I've earned this.
if you want "earned" rights/privileges/status on a forum, go to one where your identity persists and people can recognize you for all the good contributions you supposedly make. demanding that we respect you on 4chan is like joining the special education class and insisting that you're brilliant.

>in before half a dozen anons swear that literally happened to them, oblivious to the joke that is their life.
>>
>>54999585
>Relatively low noise environment.
get 990 of 770
>>
>>54999585
>early 70s
>>54999626
>early 90s
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>54999662
*instead of
>>
>>54999655
I can see from your rrawwr 4chan 4 lyfe pride that you are a real jaded oldfag, thank you for putting me in my place. How do you feel about boxxy?
>>
>>54999662
>brighter
>better soundstage
>within budget
Wow, those look ideal, thanks!

I see they're a bit weaker on the low end, I need to do some research on age-related hearing loss in the lowest frequencies but these might be the choice. Contrary to popular belief LF is actually pretty important for classical but it probably comes down to biology...
>>
unhelpful niggers, I bought beats solo 2's for $80 and they sound good.
>>
>>54999823
You could have asked you know, still, those are the only beats that don't suck.
>>
>>54999683
hey man, you're getting really defensive and faggoty about this. i'm just reminding you not to be an entitled retard on an anonymous website.
>>
>>54999845
I did a while ago
>>
>>54999846
I'll continue to act like an adult and there is nothing you can do to stop me
>>
>>54999920
there's nothing i can do about you at all. you have to *want* to stop acting like a demanding, entitled millennial. i'm just offering some advice on the apparently wrong assumption that you don't want to come off that way.
>>
>>54999890
and what went wrong?
>>
>>55000319
cunts didn't help, hence the unhelpful niggers remark.
>>
Anyone here tried modding their SHP9500? I was thinking of trying this mod out on mine, but I don't want to potenially ruin them if it's not worth it.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/600088/an-audiophile-and-petrolheads-journal-buckle-up/7770#post_11121790
>>
>>54999980
>there's nothing i can do about you at all
And yet, you have your panties all in a twist about this, why do you suppose that is?
>>
>>54999294
Awesome, thanks. I'm still trying to decide between the 880 or some AKGs. I'll keep this in mind since I really like the way the V6 sounds.
>>
>>55000369
you've no idea how the mod is going to affect their sound. it might even make them worse.
>>
>>54999585
>Fuck your shit, I've provided plenty of advice in audio threads, I've earned this.

No, you have not. Whether you're an oldfag or whatever kind of authority on sound you're trying to set yourself up as means absolutely nothing because in the end you're still asking for advice on an anonymous imageboard. Next time use the purchase template to save everybody time from reading your self-masturbatory garbage. There are other places in life to seek validation, Mr. Projection.
>>
>>55000513
Too late for you, I already got great advice from a fellow normie

What are you going to do about it, Pepe?
>>
What does everyone think of the ATH-M40x? I'm about to put my order down for it
>>
>>55000430
That's why I asked. I'll probably just EQ them instead, since I'd rather not do anything that I can't easily reverse.
>>
File: red.jpg (464 KB, 1742x727) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
464 KB, 1742x727
>>54997074
Already claimed waifu you nigerian.
>>
How does the XPT100's soundstage compare to other similarly-priced open cans?
>>
>>55000580
Beter than m50x
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.