[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/websockets/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 4744-refcard_fixed-cover152.png (44 KB, 1200x901) Image search: [Google]
4744-refcard_fixed-cover152.png
44 KB, 1200x901
I feel like they are a feature that simply don't get enough love from the community.

Finally gone are the days of long and short polling. Gone are the days of checkins, wasting gbs of mobile data only to find that there is nothing new to process. What does /g/ think?

Also fuck SQUID, those cunts still meddle with unencrypted connections.
>>
Squid caches HTTPS too, what do you mean?
>>
>>54990727
Basically during the initial connect SQUID fails to upgrade the standard HTTP/1.1 request to a persistent socket connection.

There is a lot of material about this online. I know for sure because I made a small chatroom using ws but couldn't connect from work. As soon as I updated to wss it was fine.

More info here: https://github.com/vizorvr/vizor/issues/502
>>
It does its job well. Why does this technology need more love than what it gets now?
>>
>>54989668
what about ajax?
>>
File: 1448513357838.png (32 KB, 1218x529) Image search: [Google]
1448513357838.png
32 KB, 1218x529
>>54989668
>wasting gbs of mobile data only to find that there is nothing new to process.
yep. now websites are wasting gbs of mobile data to load their shitty bootstrap skins and 2000x2000 png images that are scaled into 100x100 through css generated by their shitty script interpreted by an abomination of javascript library which runs on top of a lower level javascript library.
We've come so far gentlemen. the future is now
>>
>>54992457
and underneath of every of that script is shitty C
>>
>>54989668
>don't get enough love from the community

>>>/r/programming
>>
File: Motherfucking Website.png (245 KB, 1847x1128) Image search: [Google]
Motherfucking Website.png
245 KB, 1847x1128
>>54992457
God, whatever happened to websites having easily readable information without a 10 pound CSS and JS file attached to it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.