[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
comparing contracts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: mrt.jpg (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
mrt.jpg
5 KB, 224x225
Writing a program i to compare long contracts. Trying to decide how I should write the comparison algorithm and store the data. The docs would be about 20 pages in length.

Originally I was thinking I should break them down into strings of individual sentences, maybe storing them in a spreadsheet, then comparing them. But I can def think of potential problems with that.

Also was originally gonna write it in python since I have been teaching myself how to use it over the past 2 weeks but the more I read, the less confident that I am that I should use it for this.

Not asking for code but if anyone could be very grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
>>
>>54985298
Think about what constitutes a legal clause, and try and separate the phrases and sections in the document into legal clauses.
It might help to talk to a lawyer to discuss the plausibility of breaking up a document into atomized clauses.
>>
>>54985402

Ok that def makes sense. thanks!
>>
>>54985540
If you haven't written a parser before, you should definitely look at simple parser examples first.
>i.e. parsing mathematical expressions
> 3 * 4 + 2 == (3 * 4) + 2 == + * 3 4 2
Legal document parsing is very hard.
>>
>>54985402
I am breaking down the contracts into sections of the contract. Then breaking down the section into sentences. Then comparing each sentence with only the others in that section.
>>
>>54985641
Yeah its def way harder than I had anticipated but I am glad to do it. I have been just writing random programs to learn but this is the first time I have a real-world problem I believe I can fix with programming since I started teaching myself python about 3 weeks ago.

Right now I can compare the exact strings but I have to learn how to compare when someone has re-worded a sentence that has the same meaning.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.