[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interviewing Snowden about Phone Surveillance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: edwardsnowden.jpg (77 KB, 770x669) Image search: [Google]
edwardsnowden.jpg
77 KB, 770x669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo

Most of you are already aware what this is about. IMSI, metadata collection, et cetera. What this interview does that others don't is that it's a bite-sized primer on what IMSI is, how the government can use it to track users, and what can be done to prevent it.

Feel free to watch it if you need a refresher on how much information your device collects. Link it to your inattentive normie friends. Spread the knowledge.

>inb4 >VICE
They're a yellow journalism machine like every other internet news outlet nowadays, but their interviews and on-the-scene war coverages tend to be very solid.
>>
File: federal government does memes.jpg (885 KB, 3028x1036) Image search: [Google]
federal government does memes.jpg
885 KB, 3028x1036
>>54983065
Forgot to mention:
The video also covers how the intelligence gathering apparatus is using their surveillance powers against the government itself. Specifically, the ones responsible for auditing and oversight over CIA/NSA.
>>
>>54983065
>>54983109
>VICE
kill yourself retard
>>
>>54983254
did you even watch the video, faggot?
>>
>>54983065

Watched it earlier, pretty decent but yeah. Nothing new. Vice are still wank aside from the okay-ish documentary every now and then.

>Implying I give a shit about my normie friends
>>
>>54983376
The Norwegian parliament thing was new to me.

>collecting info illegally on a branch that's supposed to keep your branch in check

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, I guess.
>>
People are still following this traitor?

Seriously?

He was a hero for about five minutes until he kept trickling out unrelated secrets for months to stay relevant in the news. Then when he ran out of ammo to keep him protected, he ran off and hid in Russia, where he'll watch his back for the rest of his life.

He's a rat.
>>
>>54984542
>we have never been at war with eur-asia
>eur-asia has always been an ally
>>
>>54984542
>Snowden
>traitor
Fuck right off to >>>/pol/
>>
>>54984542

He gave everything to the journalists off the bat. He was on his way to equador when the State Department revoked his passport on a connecting flight in Moscow.

At this point, there would be too much public backlash if they killed him or arrested him. The absurd thing is that everyone in the Obama administration admitted that the debate he sparked was a healthy and necessary debate, yet they still want to throw him in a cage.
>>
>>54984542
You do not understand the definition of treason. Snowden cannot be tried as a traitor as defined by the constitution.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.