[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just built a computer won't turn on please help My specs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 20160608_174919.jpg (907 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160608_174919.jpg
907 KB, 2048x1152
Just built a computer won't turn on please help
My specs for refrence:
Radeon r9 390
I5 6500
Gigabyte H170-D3H
1TB HDD
2x 8 GB DDR4 2133 RAM
S340 Mid tower case
EVGA 500w 80+
>>
Won't turn on or won't post?
Check everything is plugged in
>>
>>54982626
It won't turn on I have checked all of the psu plugs
>>
Bump please someone help?
>>
>>54982592
Make sure the switch on your PSU is switched to ON.
>>
>>54982720
Fuck off you retard you can't bump your own thread just by saying bump
>>
>>54982592
Plug in the front panel connectors correctly faggot, I know for a fact that's your issue
>>
OP I would've helped but you kept bumping like you had Alzheimer's so fuck off
>>
>>54982592
look for the power button on your case. Trace the wire that is connected to it back to the motherboard. Plug it in correctly. press power
>>
You have to reflow the solder on your motherboard. Put it in the microwave for exactly 20 seconds no more no less. This works like the Xbox towel trick.
>>
>>54982592
Okay, I've ran into this problem too before, but when I found the solution, it was so easy and obvious I laughed at it.

Just find an extremely powerful magnet (fridge ones won't cut it, go for an electric powered one). Pass it over your motherboard, CPU, graphic card, everything. Pass it above them about 10 times for each part.

This will reset their clock, which will fix your problem. Since their internal clocks weren't synchronized, your PC wasn't turning on.
>>
>>54983236
This. Made this mistake more times than I care to admit. Also double check all the connections.
>>
>>54983532
I've seen this happen dozens of times. I work at a computer repair store, we see people like you all the time OP. The old magnet trick works every time. Something about using an AMD card with Intel CPU. Their clock cycles don't like to time correctly.
>>
>>54983532
The clocks of the different components, that is. Forgot to write that up.

Be sure to tell us if we helped, OP.
>>
>>54983605

edgelord detected
>>
Turn off the motherboard and restart the router. Helped me.
>>
>>54983773
No, you're the edgelord.

Why the fuck would you call someone giving legit advice an edgelord?
>>
>>54982592
Have you tried turning the computer off and on again?
>>
I want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>54982592
Take the mobo out of your case, put it on a piece of cardboard, plug in the gpu one ram stick and the PSU.

Jump the power pins
>>
I've heard whispers that asking an actual tech support forum is a pretty good idea.

Also, that magnet trick is legit, take your pick
>>
>>54983945
If you think that isn't the most worn out troll on 4Chan you're more summer than the smell of my ballsack in Florida heat.
>>
>>54982592
Off yourself.
>>
> ati housefire GPU
> only a 500w psu

there's your problem
>>
>>54982592
Try jumpstarting it with a working computer, make sure the other computer is still running when you connect them.

If that doesn't work, check the belt or replace the starter.
>>
This also happens if the cpu fan is not properly installed, same for the cpu
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1281
>>54982592
You forgot this case. That's why it won't turn on.
>>
>>54982646
Check both ends.
>>
>>54984759
nigga that system doesn't even pull 400W under full load.
>>
unplug the 24 pin cable from the motherboard and plug it back in.

if it isn't all the way in then it won't power the computer
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.